What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nop.
But...
There is an application of Kindle running on iPAD. I assume that if you purchased books from Amazon, you can login to amazon, through that application and re-download them free of charge into the Application.
The mobi type of books would't get into the iPAD iBook application.

BTW there is no way you can just download mobi type of ebooks into the iPAD kindle application. The application is good only to get the books from Amazon.

Rbutts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a kindle for a couple of years so I have got quite a collection. I have been hesitant to buy books in iBooks. I have downloaded a few samples and am happy with the program I am just still very happy with kindle. I have the kindle app on my iPad now and use it the same way I did on my computer. It's kind of cool because now I can see the covers in color(easily amused) it was actually the first app I download onto my iPad. Its free and you will have access to al of your kindle books without taking up more memory (not counting the app) I hope this helps. The kindle has been up there with sliced bread for many years and now the iPad is creeping up there. :)

Rachelle Butts
32 gb wifi

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u have a book open in iBook app how do u shut it so u can see the other books on bookshelf?!?!

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you can see all your Kindle books on your iPad app, and when buying a new book, check "Send to my iPad" so you can read it immediately there. I find it much more pleasant to read Kindle books on the iPad than on the Kindle.

NightHawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question
I loaded the Kindel app, when I open it it ask me to register this kindle....course i'm on the iPad...do i do this, registra my iPad as a kindle ? Will this mess things up?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question
I loaded the Kindel app, when I open it it ask me to register this kindle....course i'm on the iPad...do i do this, registra my iPad as a kindle ? Will this mess things up?
Sure. Go ahead.
You are registering to Amazon, same as lots of other applications on your iPAD that wants you to register.

NightHawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Followed the on screen prompts , downloaded a freebie just to make sure, all went well....
Thanks all

Most reactions