What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bookmarks Being Synced Message

CraftyLatvian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I tried adding bookmarks and reading lists in Safari and I get a message saying "bookmarks are being synced. Please add bookmark when process has completed". I am new to iPad and don't have it synced to anything except my iTunes on my PC, and it has been weeks since I have had the iPad hooked up to my PC. Any ideas on how to fix this? I can't find any info online about this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's similar to what I've encountered, if you're editing (adding or deleting) bookmarks and you get this message on iPad, you just wait about 10 seconds and try again.

OP
C

CraftyLatvian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works today, but all day yesterday I could not bookmark or add a reading page at all.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you recently update to iOS 5, and set up an iCloud account? That could explain the syncing. It should be faster after the initial sync.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are using iCloud to sync your bookmarks, try going to Settings > iCloud and turning off Bookmarks for a bit, then turn them back on.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

LeeSH11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same trouble and being new to the iPad I don't know what to do!? Bought this thing yesterday and still cant add a bookmark. It's not connected or synced with anything else. Why odes it keep saying its synching!? Please help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So, when you go to Settings > iCloud you are not signed in?

Try these common fixes and see if they help.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Psionic2007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day,
I resolved this problem another way.
I had issues with bookmarks kept telling me to sync with the latest version iOS 8.4
So I had a look myself from your suggestions and learnt a few things.

In settings->iCloud there appears to be two options or switches for Safari.

The first one is Safari to update the bookmarks when requests arrive and Safari will populate webpages into memory to "cache" for offline storage.

But..if you go in iCloud Drive there is another switch setting for Safari, if this is switched on, it means there is a double handling of bookmarks which I suspect a conflict of which device needs to synch. I had turned this off and bookmark sync quickly.

So my lesson learnt is to check if other apps are also handling Safari which may cause bookmarks to take longer than normal performance.

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts