What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sync Bookmarks with Chrome ?

eddieras

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got an ipad and i'm loving it. i use Chrome on my pc. i'm trying to sync bookmarks but my research tells me i need to first sync chrome with IE and then that'll sync with the ipad - is this the only way? i tried xmarks which worked the first time thru but then i kept getting an error message on chrome that their was an invalid url. i can't seem to get past the error message. any advice would be appreciated.
thanks!

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Firefox. I go into bookmarks, export my bookmarks to my desktop. Open Safari, import my saved bookmarks then check sync in iTunes. Pain in the butt. I don't add new bookmarks often though so I only do that when I know I've accumulated a few new bookmarks.

OP
E

eddieras

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the quick response- i'd like to stick with chrome- i looked for an app too but nothing. anyone have any insight to get xmarks working correctly?

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eddieras said:
thanks for the quick response- i'd like to stick with chrome- i looked for an app too but nothing. anyone have any insight to get xmarks working correctly?

You do it the same way with Chrome. Export your Chrome bookmarks, import them into safari and sync them through iTunes.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
E

eddieras

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks again - i didn't realize that safari was available for a PC too - thought just a mac - thanks for your assistance!

Most reactions

Latest posts