What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Body of email will not load

TexasAngler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After updating to iOS 5 my iPad 2 will not load the body of any email. I deleted the email account and then added. Still email body is stuck "Loading..."

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes, the Mail app gets "stuck" during its attempts to access the server.

What I do is close the app fully: close the app by hitting the home button once, then double-click the Home button (or 4-finger swipe up) to reveal the multi-tasking bar. Then, press the Mail icon until it wiggles and you see a red minus sign on the icon. Pressing the minus sign will fully close the app.

Then, restart the Mail app up again.

See if that helps any. Again, sometimes it may be your internet connection (in that the Mail app is having trouble communicating with the server). But, this method has helped me out a lot when I get the "spinning wheel of death." YMMV.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

bobsammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sometimes, the Mail app gets "stuck" during its attempts to access the server.

What I do is close the app fully: close the app by hitting the home button once, then double-click the Home button (or 4-finger swipe up) to reveal the multi-tasking bar. Then, press the Mail icon until it wiggles and you see a red minus sign on the icon. Pressing the minus sign will fully close the app.

Then, restart the Mail app up again.

See if that helps any. Again, sometimes it may be your internet connection (in that the Mail app is having trouble communicating with the server). But, this method has helped me out a lot when I get the "spinning wheel of death." YMMV.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Thanks for the tip Marilyn!

Most reactions