What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Almost anything can be harmful if used incorrectly or to excess. I am not aware of any health issuses arising from Bluetooth or the normal use of lithium batteries. Of course, lithium batteries, like all batteries, contain chemicals that should not be handled if the battery is leaking.

OP
Hugh Mility O'Kelly
Reaction score
I believe the point I am making is we should be aware of the things that affect our health and Bluetooth is high on the list. Lithium seems to affect me when I’m sleeping but that is because we are less resistant when we are asleep.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, not sure about 'lithium ion' batteries being a health issue (unless one catches on fire and burns your house down while you're in bed - ;)). Now, lithium is used (among other meds) for treating bipolar conditions, so the element can certainly have effects on your body & mind.

Concerning EMFs especially from today's 'wireless' technologies, this has been in the news for years but many just do not seem to pay any attention to the potential risks - but, from one of your links above, I decided to purchase the PDF book The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs - just getting started. Dave :)

Last edited:
OP
Hugh Mility O'Kelly
Reaction score
Dave,
I found out about the lithium by buying a cheap speaker and every time it was near to me I got a headache so shortly after I sold it. Later I was tested for lithium and sure enough it was in the back of my head. The real funny thing is that it is always in the bottom left part of my head. Good for you for looking EMF's up.
People will soon become aware.

emilyallen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluetooth and other wireless devices are useful for us but they have some harmful side effects as well. Bluetooth, Mobile, WI-FI, produce a huge amount of harmful EMF radiation, that is very harmful to us.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
bluetooth and other wireless devices are useful for us but they have some harmful side effects as well. Bluetooth, Mobile, WI-FI, produce a huge amount of harmful EMF radiation, that is very harmful to us.

Hi Emily - welcome to the forum! :) First, you're replying to a 6-month old thread. Second, your statements that these wireless devices 'have some harmful side effects' and 'produce a huge amount of harmful EMF radiation' is unsupported by you and also remains a controversial subject.

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi use the 2.4 GHz EMFrequency band (Wi-Fi also the 5 GHz band) - the 2.4 GHz frequency is the same used by MW ovens but at MUCH more higher wattage (power), so the potential to harm even at way lower power levels remains a consideration although proof either way remains debatable. For those interested in more on this topic, check this recent (March 2018) Consumer Reports Article, which includes suggestions to avoid or lessen low level radiation exposure - of course, there is MUCH more on the subject w/ some searching. Dave

Last edited:

Most reactions