What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth file transfer?

istyle1129

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have read through 6 pages of search result, but haven't found anyone talking about this. I have the iPad 3G model that I am trying to pair with my Xperia X10 phone. Both device can see each other and paired fine. However, whenever I try to send picture from the X10 to iPad via bluetooth, it always fails.

Do anyone have any idea? The apple's website, it shows iPad has Bluetooth 2.1.

Thanks.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello instead of a question first a short introduction will also be welcome ….

back on your question … bluetooth in iPad can’t transfer any file you can only connect accessories like keyboard or headset … for file transfer like picture (PDF is an other subject) you have to connect it with cable or use Camera connection kit … no other way yet

Deenybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you jailbreak you will see various options for Bluetooth file transfer in cydia. While I haven't tried any myself, it may at least offer you hope.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know the answer, but welcome anyway!

I'll try it out after I get my hands on a phone that supports bluetooth file transfer (iPhone doesn't as far as I know).

OP
I

istyle1129

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very sorry about this. I didn't realize I had posted in the Introduction section. (Can Admin help me move this to the Help section? Thanks in advance)

Thanks for all your replies! But isn't it a common perception that Bluetooth can be used to transfer file, in addition to pairing microphone or headset? (Of course, if Bluetooth is available on a headset, we would not expect it to transfer file). Do you guys know if Apple specifically states the Bluetooth cannot transfer file on their spec? Sorry if my perception of the Bluetooth's capability is not the norm. If that is the case, then I have nothing else to say on this matter. :)

OP
I

istyle1129

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot about my introduction. My name is Well, and iPad is my first Apple product. :)

Very cool product, but not sure how long it will keep me interested. I have had it for 3 days now, and thanks to Spirit and MODERATOR EDIT: REMOVED MENTION OF PIRACY ENABLING APP, I am extremely happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

istyle1129

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you jailbreak you will see various options for Bluetooth file transfer in cydia. While I haven't tried any myself, it may at least offer you hope.

Dude!!!!! You got my hope jacked up sky-high. Don't leave me hanging :) Is it possible for you to kindly point me to the App that could allow me to transfer file via Bluetooth?

After doing some search, there seems to be some Apps that can do that. But according to their descriptions, they only work on iPhone to/from iPad. Really appreciate it!

Most reactions

Latest posts