What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Connection

Mortada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a new Ipad 2, cant connect it to my old Ipad 1 via bluetooth, both keep searching and nothing happens, any one has a solution for this, appriciate any help please. Thanks.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you're supposed to be able to connect iPads to one another, are you?

I though Bluetooth was for keyboards and speakers.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, that was my belief also, i.e. keyboards & headsets.

But willing to hear others w/ more experience. I assume if you want similar information on your two iPads, syncing w/ iTunes would be your main option.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:
I don't think you're supposed to be able to connect iPads to one another, are you?

I though Bluetooth was for keyboards and speakers.

I've never tried that.... Gut feeling is no. Keyboards, joysticks headsets speakers etc. Yes, but sync with iTunes would be my bet too. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

RGhag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can you connect the ipad via bluetooth to the iphone..ive been told you can but it doesnt seem to pick up the devices when ive tried searching....any advice please..thanking all in advance xx

MacVaio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can you connect the ipad via bluetooth to the iphone..ive been told you can but it doesnt seem to pick up the devices when ive tried searching....any advice please..thanking all in advance xx

Hi, welcome!

Would a JB (on the rocks) help? :D
Not sure but let's hear from the big boys.

MacTextify.it

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi RGhag - welcome to the forum - :D

I believe that the bluethooth functions on the iPad2, iPod Touch, and the iPhone are similar, i.e. to be used to pair headphones, speakers, and keyboards. This wireless technology is not meant to allow these various devices to communicate w/ each other, such as transferring files, music, photos, et al.

Now there may be 'work arounds' depending on your specific needs which you might want to define better - what are you trying to accomplish between the two devices?

Hopefully others w/ more experience (I'm a newbie to the iPad myself) will verify the comments already made in this thread or supply further information - good luck! :)

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When iCloud comes out, you'll be able to sync them wirelessly, until then you'll probably need a third party app like Dropbox or something to move files around. Or, of course, sync one at a time to your computer using iTunes (as mentioned).

LisaL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too am having the Bluetooth problem and never would have tried to connect my phone and I-pad in this way had an ap not said information could be transferred that way. So I, assuming they would know more, have kept trying to discover what I am doing wrong.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I too am having the Bluetooth problem and never would have tried to connect my phone and I-pad in this way had an ap not said information could be transferred that way. So I, assuming they would know more, have kept trying to discover what I am doing wrong.

Hi Lisa - please provide more specific information on 'what' you are trying to do between your iPhone (presumed that is your phone) and your iPad - as explained above the bluetooth options of these devices is not meant to transfer information between them - it's a way to connect other external accessories, such as already discussed in previous posts. :)

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe there are some apps that can communicate via BT (bump?) but it's not meant for synching devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts