What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue to Black

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Did a write-up for an item for sale.
Sent it here and there for people to review and it's in the draft folder now but somewhere along the line, the text turned "light blue".
Saw this before on something but didn't matter.
How do I get this text back to black??
Thanks......Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing you mean the Mail app.

Does the blue text have a vertical line or two (or three) to the left? Then you've somehow managed to format the text as being quoted. This places one or more vertical lines to the left of the text and changes it's color.

If so, select the text (or just have the cursor on the same line) then tap the Aa icon, then use the | and ||| controls to change the quote/indent level. I'm attaching a screenshot of how it looks on my iPad Pro with a keyboard attached. You should be able to find the same icon and controls the at the top left of the software keyboard.

If you have somehow just changed the font color you'll find that control in the same place.

Assuming you are running the latest version of iPadOS. If you're running an earlier version it may look a bit different.

777373A7-E0A2-4157-8A71-F3F1994E6074.jpeg

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm guessing you mean the Mail app.

Does the blue text have a vertical line or two (or three) to the left? Then you've somehow managed to format the text as being quoted. This places one or more vertical lines to the left of the text and changes it's color.

If so, select the text (or just have the cursor on the same line) then tap the Aa icon, then use the | and ||| controls to change the quote/indent level. I'm attaching a screenshot of how it looks on my iPad Pro with a keyboard attached. You should be able to find the same icon and controls the at the top left of the software keyboard.

If you have somehow just changed the font color you'll find that control in the same place.

Assuming you are running the latest version of iPadOS. If you're running an earlier version it may look a bit different.

View attachment 96762
Hi....and no vertical lines on the left. I've seen that before though.
Yes, it's the email program
I'll have to try your suggestion above.

Just tried the quote thing. Didn't do anything since theirs no vertical lines to remove. And no, I didn't change the text color.

Next......The answer turned out to be easier than I thought. I just emailed it back to myself.........all black now!! Ken
Thanks, Ken

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts