What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blu-Ray ripper?

Jake872

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake has worked great for ripping my DVDs, but what program can I use to rip my Blu-rays? Also, how much space would these files take up? Would I need a Blu-ray reader for this too? And when I sync these files to my iPad, would they look that much better than the DVD version?

JeffMorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handbrake has worked great for ripping my DVDs, but what program can I use to rip my Blu-rays? Also, how much space would these files take up? Would I need a Blu-ray reader for this too? And when I sync these files to my iPad, would they look that much better than the DVD version?

Hi Jake,

For DVD's I use Aiseesoft's DVD to ipad suite and it's amazing. They make a blu-ray version too which I'm sure is just as good. Well worth paying for. With every ripper I'd used prior to this I'd have sync issues with voice/picture. No problems at all since. It'll automatically convert it to an ipad friendly format too.

As far as it looking better, no. The ipad isn't a high res device so I'm quite sure it won't matter. Not sure what sort of difference in file size you'll have either.

Guntherm

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes first of all you would have to have a Blue-Ray drive in computer to accomplish this.

I use DVDFab for Blue-ray ripping. Straight forward, easy to use. Plus you can tell it many differnt formats to save your Blue-Ray copy into. iPad, iPhone, mp4, mvk etc, etc.

Space is depending on the movie. For the most part when you are rippign Blue-rays expect at least 1-2 gig of space.

For ripping regular DVD's I use Catalyst3. Awesome program, many options if you want to use them. If you just want an easy ripping, just selct the device and away it goes. There is a free version available to use as well.

Most reactions