What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blackboard 9.1 and the iPad

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone have an alternative browser suggestion for sending and receiving email in Blackboard 9.1 with the iPad?

I've been using my iPad 2 and Safari, but every time I hit the space bar or return key when typing, the web page scrolls to the top and I can't see what I'm typing without repeatedly scrolling down again.

I never had this problem with the old Blackboard system and I'm wondering if changing browsers might be the answer.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Asharp said:
Does anyone have an alternative browser suggestion for sending and receiving email in Blackboard 9.1 with the iPad?

I've been using my iPad 2 and Safari, but every time I hit the space bar or return key when typing, the web page scrolls to the top and I can't see what I'm typing without repeatedly scrolling down again.

I never had this problem with the old Blackboard system and I'm wondering if changing browsers might be the answer.

There may be an App for that! I do not know Blackboard, but searching for it in the Appstore there are some Apps... Guess it would be worth to check that out instead of using a browser...
Otherwise try out Google Chrome - that's IMHO always worth trying...

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
There may be an App for that! I do not know Blackboard, but searching for it in the Appstore there are some Apps... Guess it would be worth to check that out instead of using a browser...
Otherwise try out Google Chrome - that's IMHO always worth trying...

Thank you for the feedback. There is an app but my school does not plan to make it possible for iPad users to use it.

I'll try Google Chrome. I hadn't thought of that.

I appreciate your help.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Asharp said:
Thank you for the feedback. There is an app but my school does not plan to make it possible for iPad users to use it.

I'll try Google Chrome. I hadn't thought of that.

I appreciate your help.

Always welcome! Please post if it worked!

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Always welcome! Please post if it worked!

Hi, Hpulmer, unfortunately changing the browser didn't solve the problem, but I like the browser.

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've finally resolved this problem by using the Dolphin web browser.

Now I can send a simple email on Blackboard.

There are no bells or whistles like bold, italics, bullets, or other options. But at least the cursor doesn't jump to the top of the web page every time I hit the enter key or space bar when I'm typing an email.

Most reactions