What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download PDF from Moodle

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me apologize in advance if there is a similar thread but I tried searching but couldn't find one (possibly worded my search wrong). Anyways...My school is transferring from BlackBoard to Moodle. Same basic thing but Moodle is more reliable I guess. My teachers have posted documents (pdf, ppt, doc, etc.) on our class site for us and I've run into a bit of a problem. I'm trying to access a PDF but just can't seem to figure it out. When I click on the PDF it opens but the scroll bar is missing so I only get the top part. I had no problem with the powerpoint (was able to use "open in" to pull it to Evernote) but I can't seem to do the same thing for the PDFs. Is my only option to download the PDF on my desktop and then transfer it over? Or am I able to do it directly from the iPad? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

OP
breezur

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya I did. I got "open" "open in new page" and "copy". The first two did the same think as clicking on the link (no scroll bar so I can't view the entire pdf). I tried copying it and then plugging the link in to my docas app and I kept getting a "failed to download" message. I found Moodle apps in the app store but they don't seem to great. I don't want to waste my money so I'm out of ideas lol :/.

Be_ni2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari download manager

Ya I did. I got "open" "open in new page" and "copy". The first two did the same think as clicking on the link (no scroll bar so I can't view the entire pdf). I tried copying it and then plugging the link in to my docas app and I kept getting a "failed to download" message. I found Moodle apps in the app store but they don't seem to great. I don't want to waste my money so I'm out of ideas lol :/.

Hi i could use SAFARI DOWNLOAD MANAGER

frankiekam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Breezur and others. Viewing PDF on Moodle using iPad/Mac/PC/Android?

pop-2.jpg

Tested on my iPad Air, iPhone, Mac, Android and PC (Windows 7). Works fine on those platforms.
Now we can party like it's 1999...erm, 2015 Frankie Kam on Twitter

Regards
Frankie Kam

Most reactions