What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black screen lower hald

SamZad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I opened the iPad after using the YouVersion Bible, the lower screen (about 60%) turned black. I left it charging with the Desktop for over four hours and 'Bingo" it sprang up again alive. Now for no reason it has gone back to black (about 75% of the lower screen now) I have tried everything on the forum but nothing is working yet. Can Someone help me on this?

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be worth a reboot.

Turn the iPad off. Now press and hold the Power and Home buttons for 6-9 seconds until the white Apple logo appears; the iPad will reboot.

See if this fixes the problem, if not then get back to us and we'll suggest some other possibilities.

Tim

OP
S

SamZad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim
I have tried all of this. Even the Apple logo re-appears as a series of lines dropping from 75% of the top of the screen where the black screen ends to the bottom of the iPad.

Sam Zad

Most reactions