What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My most recent annoyance is the fact that I can't change the user interface to my liking without jailbreaking. Even when you do jailbreak, the available changes are still fairly limited and pale in comparison to what is available on the Android Marketplace.

But oh well, that's Apple for you, learn to like it their way or GTFO.

Last edited:

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me, the fact that the iPad is not fully self-contained annoys me more than anything else. I need

1) Another computer
2) A WiFi connection
3) Have iTunes installed on the computer
4) An iTunes account
5) A credit card
6) A camera connection kit
7) A DropBox account

Another thing that annoys (and dumbfounds me) is the lack of any serious spreadsheet program.

Another less than stellar feature of the iPad is the lack of a serious screen-capture/pasting utility (please don't tell me about pressing the two buttons to get a full-screen capture which can then be saved to blah blah blah. Primitive). Copying/pasting bits of images is hard if not impossible on the iPad as far as I have been able to ascertain.

Of course, there are many things I like about the iPad. But as it's just a thing, I hope no one (except maybe the people who'll make iPad II) gets offended by my list of what annoys me.

so then get the camera kit. It comes with an SD card reader and a USB port...if you are jailbroken you can install iFile and read anything just like a reg drive.

You mean I'll be able to stick my thumb-drive in there and be able to see all of my pdfs, docs, wavs, mids, etc, and be able to copy them over to iPad and use them in relevant apps? Super. I think I might JB after all, despite the risks.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking is fairly low risk. Expecting that you will be able to copy files to your iPad and access them freely is a bit of a stretch though. Most mainstream apps do not offer access to files stored on the iPad. There are some that do, but I wouldn't expect it to work with everything you have.

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why buy a product you don't like something about?

I have seen a number of threads with titles like, "what are the five things you hate most about your iPad?" or "what do you hate about your iPad?"

Why would anyone buy a product that they hate, or that frustrates them. Unless of course you just go out an splash £599 on a gadget because you have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon and more money than sense.

The iPad has some limitations, sure. But they are known and well documented. Mostly through threads like this :) But if you do the research on other products which you might purchase as alternatives they all have limitations.

Personally I am growing to like the iPad more and more. I am a Windows PC user of very long standing (Hand built my first xt compatible pc in 1993). I even stuck with Windows mobile on my phone (having tried Palm OS briefly). But now I have this piece of kit, I wouldn't be without it.

I have a Windows laptop at home which is only switched on so I can do some iDisk folder maintenance and sync iTunes. Apart from that, it is redundant. I no longer use a work desktop or laptop at the University and can carry all the papers, for all the committees and meetings; my diary; my work and home email and my iPod with me everywhere I go.

In short, I am very very happy with the iPad. I can see some areas where it would be good if further development happened. But not many that are relevant to what I need from this machine.

Anyway, you know what Monty Python always said...

..."nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition."

DanTrueman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely the fact that i can't use the file system like a normal computer or usb drive. Means i can't just plug it into my PC and move files around as i please, can't easily share files between apps, can't see how much space is occupied by each app (iTunes tells me the basic size of the app, but doesn't include content downloaded in the app, which is a lot in my case), can't backup downloaded app content unless the app makes it possible through iTunes, can't customise things like icons, etc.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I would like to see flash, but I realize that will never happen. Luckily Skyfire fixes that (sometimes). I would also like to have a built in SD card reader, but I have one of them coming in the mail. I would also like to be able to print to any printer without "hacking" my computer. But that's ok. Also, what is a little annoying, my time on my iPad is 5 minutes fast, and I don't know why.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AlunReynolds said:
I have seen a number of threads with titles like, "what are the five things you hate most about your iPad?" or "what do you hate about your iPad?"

Why would anyone buy a product that they hate, or that frustrates them. Unless of course you just go out an splash £599 on a gadget because you have nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon and more money than sense.
You are reading too much into what people say. Just because someone says they "hate" some feature or some missing feature of the iPad does not mean they hate the iPad. You need to read what people say more discerningly.

For instance, many of us hate how much college costs, but we do not hate college. Some hate how commercial the Holidays have become, but they still prefer going on holiday.

Chizno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Def need some flashy flashy. Not a big fan of some blogs using html5 for vids and some not (or some sometimes and sometimes not, Gizmodo..I'm looking at you)

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Def need some flashy flashy. Not a big fan of some blogs using html5 for vids and some not (or some sometimes and sometimes not, Gizmodo..I'm looking at you)

I've said it before...I'll say it again.......

If you want flash either:
A) Jailbreak your ipad and use Frash
B) Use skyfire to view videos
C) buy a Xoom when they're released.

Snafu169

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What's your point? Poster is saying what his annoyance which is the question of the poll in this thread!

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

What's your point? Poster is saying what his annoyance which is the question of the poll in this thread!

If you've looked around this forum at all int he past week, you will see 5 or more topics on flash alone. Its getting old.

Rick-WW3DE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Onboard clock

Now that you mention it, my iPad's clock also is about four or five minutes fast. What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts