What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware of This Scam!!!

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm writing this post to give everyone a heads up.

I was surfing the net this morning and the attached message popped up (see attachment). I quickly turned off my iPad Air and went to my local Apple Store. I talked to the manager and she said that she has seen this message before and that it is NOT from Apple. It is a scam.

Before I went to the store, I called the number. They never asked for the serial number. In truth, the first thing the guy on the phone did was ask for my credit card number. I did NOT give him this information and you shouldn't either. I just thought you should know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 239

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for the warning.

Pretty much anything that pops up when you are browsing the internet and tells you you have a virus, malware, or other problem and should call/contact/download a solution is a scam or worse. You're response is a the safest (shutting down the computer), though simply closing the tab in Safari on the iPad should be enough. If problems persist, you'll want to go to Safari's settings and clear History and Data.

Don't even call these numbers. They may be collecting valid phone numbers to sell to call lists, in addition to the other information they will try to extract.

Most reactions

Latest posts