What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better search

Timjimbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I quite don't know how to search the forums with this questions.

I am looking for a better "search" command than "search ipad" offers.

I want my search to locate a contact if I enter the contact's street or address number from my CONTACTS. Any app or secret anyony have?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I quite don't know how to search the forums with this questions.

I am looking for a better "search" command than "search ipad" offers.

I want my search to locate a contact if I enter the contact's street or address number from my CONTACTS. Any app or secret anyony have?

It's built in to the iPad!!

It's called 'spotlight'. It's a sort of search everything facility on the iPad.

Go to 'Settings', 'General', 'Spotlight Search' and then check the boxes that you want to include in your search.

Then go back to the iPad's Home screen and 'flick' the screen to the right - i.e. spotlight search is the left of the normal Home screen.

From there you can enter the search terms that you want the iPad to look for.

Hope this helps, but get back if you have a problem...

Oh....nearly forgot ... welcome to the Forum...

Tim
Scotland

OP
T

Timjimbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This doesn't find my contacts when I enter their street name. Contacts is checked in spotlight.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ContactsXL will also do this (you can filter search results on any / all contact fields for your convenience) and gets my vote as the best alternative contact manager on iPad...

Most reactions