What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beta Testers for iPad magazene website.

may191

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have been working on a web based magazine reader for the iPad, and iPhone.

it can be seen here: padzene.com

If anybody wants to check it out and give me some feedback that would be awesome. Keep in mind its Super Beta... I have only used the site myself, on an ipad1 with ios5, so I am just looking to check the functionality on a range of devices and connections.

Thanks in advance.

Some quick instructions (because i don't have any posted online)

• Once inside, tap a magazine to open it.
  • tap a page to flip it.
  • double tap a page to expand it for reading.
  • double tap an expanded page to close it.
That's it!

Its pretty straight forward just send your pad to: padzene.com

Ryan

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did try it however I am confused how can you have the mags listed without cost to users? Be aware this is a private forum and I suggest you read the rules.

OP
M

may191

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The web-app converts pdf files on the fly when pointed to a source file.

The shelf was seeded with some examples for the testing. PDF links for all of these magazines were available online.

Publishers will have their own shelves in the future and be able to manage there own content, and point their subscribers directly to them, or embed them.

Any feedback from anyone who has tried it out, usability issues, lag, crashes, would be a big help.

Thanks again to the people who have checked it out.

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, I'll check it out. I have about 3 different favorite browsers depending on what I'm doing in the actual web on my iPad (sorry, I'm much more of an app girl) but the Google Music webapp has finally convinced me that they're not all useless.  Do you have to use Safari or would you like different browsers set to identify as mobile safari for iPad? I have a 3G ipad1 JB on 4.3.3.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts