What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ways to maneuver ipad

brilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am totally new to the iPad and am used to major multitasking on my pc with dual monitors etc. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on how iPad users get things done. For example I am use to have two browser windows open, one with a website and one with google docs taking notes. What is the best ways you have found to do things like this?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't often need to do that, but you can have two browser windows open in tabs. With new os you can also swap quickly between two programs by swiping with 4 fingers from side to side.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't do this much, but I can tell you how I would do it; given the apps I currently have on my iPad.

I would use a combination of Safari, Evernote, the Evernote bookmarklet, and Skitch.

When I need a bit of something from a webpage, or even the entire page I'd use the bookmarklet to send it to Evernote. This can take some time with an entire page, but it is fairly fast if you only send text.

When I need to make a comment or highlight something on a page I'd zoom/position the view and then take a screen shot; then switch to Skitch. I can then markup the screenshot, add some explanatory text, and send it to Evernote.

If I've got a good internet connection I can also switch to Evernote itself and add additional comments (audio, text, pictures).

Once all three apps have been launched you can use the four finger swipe mentioned by zphone to quickly switch between them.

It would not surprise me to find that there are other app that would to as good or better a job. For that matter I keep talking myself in/out of Circus Ponies Notebook; though the primary appeal here is that I already have and love this app on my iMac. So shop around. You'll probably find multiple solutions.

Most reactions