What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to watch HD videos on a new iPad?

Dalrint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new.

so I'm getting an ipad 4 next week, and one thing I am really looking forward to is watching movies/anime/tv shows on it while I'm out and about in the world. I have a pretty big collection of HD videos but almost all of them are in .mkv format. I know ipads don't play it natively, but I also know there are workarounds, I just can't seem to find one that seems like it would be the best bet?

Old posts in places pointed me to apps like AVplayer HD and Good player and such, but they all appear to have lost their audio codecs in the last few months. Are there any that actually support everything?

The other option is converting, but I've never found a program that converts easily without losing either video or audio quality to a noticeable degree. I'm on a PC, if that matters...

Any suggestions?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new.

so I'm getting an ipad 4 next week, and one thing I am really looking forward to is watching movies/anime/tv shows on it while I'm out and about in the world. I have a pretty big collection of HD videos but almost all of them are in .mkv format. I know ipads don't play it natively, but I also know there are workarounds, I just can't seem to find one that seems like it would be the best bet?

Old posts in places pointed me to apps like AVplayer HD and Good player and such, but they all appear to have lost their audio codecs in the last few months. Are there any that actually support everything?

The other option is converting, but I've never found a program that converts easily without losing either video or audio quality to a noticeable degree. I'm on a PC, if that matters...

Any suggestions?

Here are a few mkv players, I don't use any but have heard about oplayerHD and avplayer and airvideo.

Attachments

• image-3091692307.jpg
    image-3091692307.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 284

Most reactions

Latest posts