What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to watch flash video??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc1169

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey so I really would like to watch flash videos for either movies or clips, what is the best way/app to watch flash videos whether the app is free or not it doesnt matter.
could someone tell me the most effective app and has experience with it? Thanks!

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Various browsers support Flash. Do a search here and you'll get a few hits on the browsers that support it.

OP
N

nc1169

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These browsers are not free are they? and do they drain battery life? do you have any experience with them?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Flash itself is insecure and resource-heavy, which are some of the reasons I think Apple refused to implement it. Flash is also dead for mobile devices, adobe is no longer developing it. HTML 5 will make flash obsolete. Even if Apple had a change of heart and wanted to implement it, it would be too late now. As time goes on you'll see less and less flash videos on the web.

OP
N

nc1169

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash itself is insecure and resource-heavy, which are some of the reasons I think Apple refused to implement it. Flash is also dead for mobile devices, adobe is no longer developing it. HTML 5 will make flash obsolete. Even if Apple had a change of heart and wanted to implement it, it would be too late now. As time goes on you'll see less and less flash videos on the web.
i completely agree, but in the meantime most videos/movies i want to watch use flash :p

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i completely agree, but in the meantime most videos/movies i want to watch use flash :p

Nc1169...there are many threads as what ijamesH mentioned that discuss various browser that support flash based sites.

Have a look at these links--to give you an idea of what is out there. I have iSwifter which was $4.99. I used it for playing FB games. It's a little laggy, but with the updates it seems better. There is also puffin that is available as well.

Take a look at these:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/54705-flash-ipad.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/14770-puffin-browser-anyone-tried.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...n-flash-pages-when-ipad-does-not-support.html

With this-we will now close this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts