What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best video player apps for ipad

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
From googling your problem I find a lot of people in Canada are using this app, so I'm sure it must be available

Thanks again Rambler, but it isn't on the App Store. All that we have is a remote app for Boxee. I think our CRTC is probably the reason, but I have no idea why. I am going to throw the Boxee Box in the trash tomorrow and get Apple TV. Oh...... And I am going to let DLink know why!

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. Please read my previous, dedicated posts in this thread.

do you mean vlc streamer last time i check itunes store it still there for both free and paid version without ads and it even works great although its not perfect as long you dont watch movies with drm protection:thumbs:

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you mean vlc streamer last time i check itunes store it still there for both free and paid version without ads and it even works great although its not perfect as long you dont watch movies with drm protection:thumbs:

Nope - the original (late 2010) VLC app long removed from the AppStore. A lot of people recommend it, while it's really bad and far superseeded by a lot of recent apps like AVPlayerHD, It's Playing etc.

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What app should I use if I want to watch anime with SSA subtitles?

If you aren't jailbroken, your only choice is HD Player Pro.

If you're, you'll want to use XBMC instead.

These are the only two apps to have full SSA support. (This, BTW, has several times been mentioned in my multimedia-specific articles.)

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope - the original (late 2010) VLC app long removed from the AppStore. A lot of people recommend it, while it's really bad and far superseeded by a lot of recent apps like AVPlayerHD, It's Playing etc.

well then should try the vlc streamer live its free with ads and still lots of people recommend it:thumbs:

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well then should try the vlc streamer live its free with ads and still lots of people recommend it:thumbs:

Yup, but it's streaming only - that is, it does require a server to operate and can't be used independently of anything else.

keops11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cinexplayer plays all mkv files in 1080, without conversion, but it has problems with the most audio formats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts