What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best note taking app for iPad

aoporto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.infogenium.com
I definitely agree re: Evernote. I would like to disable Rich Text in iOS; too many issues. I'm so used to using it that I am unlikely to switch.

As for Evernote, I am pretty upset about the horrible bugs introduced into the app for iOS ever since they embarked on their rich text initiative back in August. For many users, typing on the app lags, it garbles the text, and within iOS you cannot copy and paste out of the app very well (it strips line breaks). I think they will eventually get it back in shape, but right now it is a daily struggle for me on the iPad.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notify got a huge update. It seems way more stable with better rendering with the handwriting too. You can buy the WordPad engine separately to convert handwriting. It's an amazing app, it has definite power user features if you want something with a million features, but expect to spend time learning them.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guthrien said:
Notify got a huge update. It seems way more stable with better rendering with the handwriting too. You can buy the WordPad engine separately to convert handwriting. It's an amazing app, it has definite power user features if you want something with a million features, but expect to spend time learning them.

Question for Notify users. If I already own WritePad, will I have to buy it again if I get Notify?

I like WritePad, but it is too limited, no freehand writing. I have tried PhatPad, but it seems clumsy. Thinking about trying Notify and want the handwriting recognition.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question for Notify users. If I already own WritePad, will I have to buy it again if I get Notify?

I like WritePad, but it is too limited, no freehand writing. I have tried PhatPad, but it seems clumsy. Thinking about trying Notify and want the handwriting recognition.

I,too, found PhatPad to be somewhat clumsy. As far as handwriting recognition apps, the best I've found is 7Notes Premium HD. Excellent recognition and predictive capabilities all in real time (rather than after entering a block of text.)

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as handwriting recognition apps, the best I've found is 7Notes Premium HD. Excellent recognition and predictive capabilities all in real time (rather than after entering a block of text.)

I downloaded this yesterday after reading this thread and I think this app is GREAT!! And it exports notes directly to Evernote which is brilliant too so it's easily synced to all my devices.

Peteo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ByZero Studio 1 smart Pen App Support

So ByZero the company that makes the Studio 1 Smart pen for the iPad has announced some app support:

ByZeroPenSupport.jpg
Procreate v1.6, notes Plus V3, Good notes, Note Shelf. Plus their own apps, Studio basic lite and pro
Also the smart pen is now available on amazon.com for $159! pretty pricey. I just ordered one and will let you know if I think its worth the price.

Last edited:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
is there an app that gives like side by side view. i want to view pdfs and take notes

PDF-notes writer notes on the PDF

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jman0324

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also was wondering the same thing about notes, need the best note taking app. Thanks

afc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This weekend I bought Notability and I am really impressed with it. Nice to take both typed and handwritten notes...and the price is 80% off now :)

Peteo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New "smart pen" called ipen coming out. It's currently on kickstarter. Looks just like the byzero studio one pen (ultra sound, infer-red), might use the same SDK. Looks like it has allot of app support (at lest that's what the web page says)

Matthew101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i have evernote, but find when i open up an existing note, it types right over the existing text and deletes it with the new text im adding - am i missing something

Most reactions

Latest posts