What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best iPad video converter

NNesin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I plan to put video's on my iPad from my PC through iTunes.
But, I've heard so many different converters i'm lost now. What is the best converter to preserve the best quality of the videofile?

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending upon which format of video you want to watch on the iPad I have found that most can be played without conversion using AVPlayerHD from app store. This plays avi, divx, etc. have a look. If you wantt o rip your DVDs then yes, you will need a converter.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is the best converter to preserve the best quality of the videofile?

I doubt if anyone can answer this question. What you need is a solution that works, not the best to get the best. To answer that, someone would have to have used all that there is available; there are a LOT of tools to use to do this. Almost none one in his or her right mind is going to try to answer this question.

Handbrake and anydvdHD work for me (I have 200+ rips of my own DVD/Blurays). AVPlayerHD is a good player for many formats that the iPad doesn't support.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does Handbrake offer a PC version? I only ask because the OP mentions a PC and I thought Handbrake was Mac only but I could be mistaken. Never mind there is a beta version for windows users so I learned something again today.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does Handbrake offer a PC version? I only ask because the OP mentions a PC and I thought Handbrake was Mac only but I could be mistaken. Never mind there is a beta version for windows users so I learned something again today.

I'm using a PC and the version is 0.9.6. It seems to stay in beta and has been so for gosh...just like MakeMKV.

RockSana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For iPad 2 owners I recommend to use Pavtube Video to iPad Converter which converts a wide variety of video files(MKV, WMV, AVI, TiVo, MTS, M2TS, VOB,etc) to the original iPad and iPad 2 supported file formats without QUALITY loosing! Download free version or buy with 20% discount coupon here:

Moderator edit...removed external links! Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any freeware recommended? Handbrake+MakeMKV is great but not that easy-to-use for me.
Have anyone tried Mactheripper or Free video DVD converter ultimate?

Most reactions

Latest posts