What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best handwriting app for Ipad?

PhillySportsTC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know the best handwriting app? I'm looking for something that can be used instead of the keyboard sometimes. I noticed that there is the icon that shows a keyboard, but it looks like I should be able to have an option or something...any help is appreciated.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Three I can recommend are Penultimate, Note Taker HD and Notes Plus.
The first one is more basic but quick while the last two offer a variety of extras.
They also rely on you writing into a box across the lower half of the screen which is then mirrored above but also reduced in size.
Something necessary with big hands like me. Diagrams also work well.

Pick your poison.
Believe there are videos of them all on youtube which should help.

iPadCTO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
iPadCTO.com
I like Penultimate as well, but there are lots of pretty good ones now. Google "managers love to sketch" - my comprehensive coverage of five note writing apps will be #1. (iPadCTO.com)

drosenth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want strictly handwriting recognition writepad is it. For tablet-like hand written notes I recommend note taker HD then penultimate.

Regards,
DaveR

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I fully agree with what drosenth said.

Note Taker HD is the pick of the bunch in its class.

WritePad is the only handwriting recognition app I've come across. At first I wasn't too impressed with it, but we're getting used to one another!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The OP needs to be clear what use he intends to make of the app.
Quick memos and numbers I'd say penultimate but if he's thinking of pages of notes then Notetaker HD would be better. Plus it does have improved note storage and organisation.

Have a feeling that notes plus also will record audio whilst note taking so that's another factor to consider.
Decision decisions.......

HankLOL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite iPad handwriting app is Scribable (scribableapp.com). It allows to write continuous notes which is perfect for note taking during lectures etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts