What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best gps app for wifi only model that always has access to the internet?

dlonewolf1994

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi. i have an ipad 2 wifi only model. i also have a little portable box that gives out wifi, so i have wifi when ever i want.

now my question is this, what gps app would be best for me? one that works ith the internet.

thanks.

intro2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like TomTom myself. It has all the maps locally, but one of the features I use a lot is the local google search, which does require an internet connection. I'm sure everyone has their own favourite though, so your mileage may vary.

OP
D

dlonewolf1994

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you, do you know of other good gps?.
aldo, do you know how much mb it would use up if i use tomtom? i got 12 gb a month, is that enough?

Last edited:

sunnyjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the name of this little portable box that gives you wifi?

Sounds like what i need!

OP
D

dlonewolf1994

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the name of this little portable box that gives you wifi?

Sounds like what i need!

i have the vodafone internet key wifi. it gives me 12 gb a month.

in regards to tomtom, i got it but it says gps signal is weak. how do i set it to find my location with internet?

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wifi only iPad models don't have real gps. I don't know if gps software can use only the wifi signal for location services. Just a thought...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts