What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best email application for ipad

my_ipad_2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any one suggest if what's the best email apps for iPad? That's seems to be similar with outlook? Thanks.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Is the any particular feature that the inbuilt app is missing for you? Personally I find the inbuilt app perfectly usable but I know some power users find it inadequate. Defining your specific features you require will enable a more precise recommendation.

OP
M

my_ipad_2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Is the any particular feature that the inbuilt app is missing for you? Personally I find the inbuilt app perfectly usable but I know some power users find it inadequate. Defining your specific features you require will enable a more precise recommendation.

I cant immediately attached files to it which I usually needs to do. replying or creating still no option for attachment. I do it in other way so I can attach something. I usually convert it to pic so I can attach it as image..

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you put your files in Dropbox or similar you can copy and paste links to those files for your email recipients to download.

The Archangel

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:

I cant immediately attached files to it which I usually needs to do. replying or creating still no option for attachment. I do it in other way so I can attach something. I usually convert it to pic so I can attach it as image..
I agree with the other folks, the native Mail program for iPad is quite good. AFAIK there isn't an app that emulates Outlook (and quite frankly if there was I'd steer far clear of it. ;) )

As Gabriel suggests, Dropbox and Spideroak (both free) are great ways to sync files so you have access to them on your iPad and/or any other computer. You can link to them as well as send links to others via email.

That said sending email attachments on the iPad is quite easy once you understand how to do it. Basically you'll send files directly from the app that you're using rather than having to find them and attach them in Mail. Here are the details...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/36722-how-email-photos-other-attachments.html

Here's a pretty good "how to" about using Mail on the iPad as well...

How to use the Mail app on the Apple iPad - iPad User Guides - Know Your Mobile

Hope that helps and let us know how things go!

Chuy Hardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is in my opinion the best app for mails, it's mbox pro, I bought it and all I can say is ... THIS APP ROCKS!!!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is in my opinion the best app for mails, it's mbox pro, I bought it and all I can say is ... THIS APP ROCKS!!!
Not quite sure which app you're referring to. :confused: mBox for iPad is an option if you have a Windows Live Hotmail account and use Windows Live Contacts. MailPro is another option, again for Hotmail, MSN and Windows Live accounts. If the OP doesn't have a Hotmail account or has more than one account neither would be an option.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:

If you have the third-party app GoodReader that will allow you to attach any number of disparate attachments to an email that will be sent from the iPad's native Mail app - thus all your regular contacts etc are available. Also, if you need to send emails to a group, the app MailShot is recommended by almost all Members - it too interfaces with the iPad's Contacts database and allows you to send an email to any number of users in a group.

Tim

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:

If you have the third-party app GoodReader that will allow you to attach any number of disparate attachments to an email that will be sent from the iPad's native Mail app - thus all your regular contacts etc are available. Also, if you need to send emails to a group, the app MailShot is recommended by almost all Members - it too interfaces with the iPad's Contacts database and allows you to send an email to any number of users in a group.

Tim
+1. GoodReader is an excellent, all-around app for many types of documents.

AFAIK all apps that allow you to send emails with file attachments interact with the iPad's Mail app including providing access to the user's Contacts list.

OP
M

my_ipad_2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Thanks I'll try that one.

OP
M

my_ipad_2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
I agree with the other folks, the native Mail program for iPad is quite good. AFAIK there isn't an app that emulates Outlook (and quite frankly if there was I'd steer far clear of it. ;) )

As Gabriel suggests, Dropbox and Spideroak (both free) are great ways to sync files so you have access to them on your iPad and/or any other computer. You can link to them as well as send links to others via email.

That said sending email attachments on the iPad is quite easy once you understand how to do it. Basically you'll send files directly from the app that you're using rather than having to find them and attach them in Mail. Here are the details...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/36722-how-email-photos-other-attachments.html

Here's a pretty good "how to" about using Mail on the iPad as well...

How to use the Mail app on the Apple iPad - iPad User Guides - Know Your Mobile

Hope that helps and let us know how things go!

Thanks much. I'll try it on dropbox.

westcoastgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think where the current Mail program breaks down is in two key areas: can't do filters and folders like on the desktop, to pre-sort heavy mail volumes, and when replying to a message where I want to keep the thread intact it is challenging (a multi-step process) to include an attachment. I can't just click an "add this" button from inside Mail (iOS) and get on with it.

Also, I find lots of recipients don't use or appreciate Dropbox, and don't want to open an account just to view a simple PDF I'm sending.

That said, I still love the freedom my iPad gives me in my work day.

ea/

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think where the current Mail program breaks down is in two key areas: can't do filters and folders like on the desktop, to pre-sort heavy mail volumes, and when replying to a message where I want to keep the thread intact it is challenging (a multi-step process) to include an attachment. I can't just click an "add this" button from inside Mail (iOS) and get on with it.

Also, I find lots of recipients don't use or appreciate Dropbox, and don't want to open an account just to view a simple PDF I'm sending.

That said, I still love the freedom my iPad gives me in my work day.

ea/
Fully agree with the suggestions for additional features in Mail on the iPad. I suspect after having used Mail in OS X 10.7 Lion (which is terrific BTW) for a couple of months now that some of the features (including the ones you've suggested) will soon find their way into Mail for the iPad. The two operating systems are coming together and it seems only natural.

With respect to Dropbox, there's no need for anyone you want to share a file with to have a Dropbox account at all. All you need to do is use the "Public Folder" and drop or copy the files to that folder. You can create a link and that will allow anyone to access and download the file in question. Here's how:

Dropbox - How do I link to files in my Dropbox? -

Basically it's this...

The Public Folder lets you easily share single files in your Dropbox. Any file you put in this folder gets its own Internet link so that you can share it with others-- even non-Dropbox users! These links work even if your computer’s turned off.

Step 1: Drop a file into the Public folder.

Step 2: Right-click/control-click this file, then choose Dropbox > Copy Public Link. This copies the Internet link to your file so that you can paste it somewhere else.

That's it! You can now share this file with others: just paste the link into e-mails, instant message conversations, blogs, etc.!

Last edited:

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox/Email Question

Is there any way to take an email and put it into Dropbox. I tried the sendtodropbox.com email but the email just goes nowhere. For docs etc Dropbox seems to work great. Thanks

liamjanin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the original mail app support showing and creating folders in the popular email services? (gmail, hotmail, etc) These are options that are either lacking or difficult to find.

Most reactions

Latest posts