What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best GPS application for iPad3?

toffee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lining up to buy an iPad3. I will use it as my in car GPS. What is the best GPS application that I should get? Cost isn't much of a consideration unless it's hundreds.

I want to plan my trip on google map, then use the GPS app to voice me to destination. Traffic control would be great. any suggestions?

Thanks.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GPS Nav apps are very country specific. Most do maps for a specific country/region, so you should check your local iTunes app store for the ones available where you are.

In Australia I recommend Metroview, but this is a local product, I think they have a New Zealand version as well. Larger Nav companies like TomTom have localized apps for most regions. I don't use the larger apps like TomTom because they are very expensive here (over $80) but Metroview is down around the $20 mark or less.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
GPS Nav apps are very country specific. Most do maps for a specific country/region, so you should check your local iTunes app store for the ones available where you are.

In Australia I recommend Metroview, but this is a local product, I think they have a New Zealand version as well. Larger Nav companies like TomTom have localized apps for most regions. I don't use the larger apps like TomTom because they are very expensive here (over $80) but Metroview is down around the $20 mark or less.

Metroview looks like a very good app....thanks for that!

Oh and only $14.99 which is a great price considering others I've checked out.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts