What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best case for ipad 2?

VR41541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tazz3 said:
when i get the ipad2 would i need a screen for the front of it..

What you do with your IPad will determine if you'll need one but I would recommend it.

VR41541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jpnestel said:
Wow that thing is crazy! Lol. looks tough

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

With 3 layers of protection it's a real durable case IMO.

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm using a combo of an incipio smart feather (Incipio iPad 2 Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, iPad 2 Cases, iPad 2G Cases, iPad 2 Premium Cases, iPad 2 Soft Shell Cases, iPad 2 Screen Protections, iPad 2 Charging Solutions, iPad 2 Protection) and apple's smart cover.

what's a bit unique about this rear cover is that it fits over the smart cover's long magnetic attachment bar, which makes the issue some folks have of the smart cover pulling loose during handling, and the ipad hitting the floor or other surface, a non-issue. the fit is perfect, just as though it was designed at apple. while this combo won't protect the ipad from a ballistic toss across the room, it seems like it will provide good protection from normal, every-day handling in a minimalist format.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mk4 said:
i'm using a combo of an incipio smart feather (Incipio iPad 2 Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, iPad 2 Cases, iPad 2G Cases, iPad 2 Premium Cases, iPad 2 Soft Shell Cases, iPad 2 Screen Protections, iPad 2 Charging Solutions, iPad 2 Protection) and apple's smart cover.

what's a bit unique about this rear cover is that it fits over the smart cover's long magnetic attachment bar, which makes the issue some folks have of the smart cover pulling loose during handling, and the ipad hitting the floor or other surface, a non-issue. the fit is perfect, just as though it was designed at apple. while this combo won't protect the ipad from a ballistic toss across the room, it seems like it will provide good protection from normal, every-day handling in a minimalist format.

Why this case? It's nice that it snaps the smart cover into place but for the price you could buy one that give a little more protection,. That lock in the smart cover?
On the other hand the zen of the iPad is its minimalist concept so less is better. I guess my main questioning is have you looked at other back-snap cases

Cheers

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i didn't see any other back covers that sort of lock in the apple smart cover. got any links?

eKindom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1.jpg2.jpgmore wonderful cases under a huge discount for you.
Accessories for Apple, Repair Parts for Apple, Online Store | eKindom.com

Norady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M-TAC Pack the greatest case for iPads

Debuted at Shot Show by Tactical Concealment. The M-TAC PACK is a carrying case which brings maximum protection to the iPad, even if this one is enclosed in an Defender or Survivor shell. My iPad is enclosed in an Otterbox Defender case and it fits beautifully in my M-TAC Pack... It is pricey though, but let's rememeber... YOU GET EXCACTLY WHAT YOU PAY FOR! I got one at Shot Show Price ;)
I might be wrong but I think Amazon has is for the same price as the Show.
You, iPad users, should take a look at it!

There you go!

Last edited:

Norady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the M-TACK Pack from Tactical Concealment, It's more than a case! Comes with a cover, a case and saddle attachments on the sides for carrying other divices such as the charger, cell phone, stylus pen, etc. Pricey, but definitely worth it!

ChaystEr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speck Fitfolio case. Snap-on.

Sent from my iPhone4 8g using Forum Runner

Attachments

• image-2901277989.jpg
    image-2901277989.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 335
  • image-4150603319.jpg
    image-4150603319.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 381

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
well when i get the ipad 2 i will be really carefull with it just surf the web at my house. but i rather be safe and have a case

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mk4 said:
i didn't see any other back covers that sort of lock in the apple smart cover. got any links?

Here is anther option for a back cover that will lock in your smart cover ZUM Ultimate

image-3909463697.png

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@zipur...
thanks for the info on the zum.
it looks very similar to my incipio and price-wise it's almost the same as i paid. the amazon reviews on the zum are mixed, though. a number of people are reporting that the edge clips are breaking off.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny these back covers are So simple, I just offered another choice. By the way, I have and incipio also. Slim is in!

Most reactions

Latest posts