What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best case compatible with Smart Cover

Holoshed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Losfer said:
Just a follow up to say that the Clear Case from Ebay seller cimousa worked well for me. I'm very happy with it as it is a great fit with the smart cover.

CLEAR HARD SMART COVER COMPATIBLE CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 | eBay

I may buy a black back cover from the same seller as well. For 10-12 bucks a piece I can afford some variation!

I ordered this too and am very happy with it, for the price it's really nice

ScottZeagle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Losfer said:
Just a follow up to say that the Clear Case from Ebay seller cimousa worked well for me. I'm very happy with it as it is a great fit with the smart cover.

CLEAR HARD SMART COVER COMPATIBLE CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 | eBay

I may buy a black back cover from the same seller as well. For 10-12 bucks a piece I can afford some variation!

I ordered this too and am very happy with it, for the price it's really nice

Just ordered one as well!

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A friend of mine got a Dodo case and shaved down the left side of the frame so that the SmartCover fits (easy to do, apparently it's fairly soft wood). It looks good, and I am thinking I might follow his example.

DODOcase for iPad2 | DODOcase

00SVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to best buy today to get a cover. Got the a incase cover, make a few more stops . Get home eat my lunch and the Otter box showed up. I had no idea when it was going to be here. So far its a nice case. May return the incase or sell it to a friend who may want it.

Animalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My grey CoverBuddy arrived in the mail today, so it took 3 days. It did come from CA as well which is strange, because I didn't get charged CA sales tax. Definitely not complaining though!

This back is great, and matches the color of my grey Smart Cover perfectly, with perfect fit and finish. More protection than the XGear and eBay clear back covers, and the rubberized back makes it easier to hold without slipping than the others I've had. So of the 3 this is definitely the best of the bunch IMHO. 

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Can you post pictures comparing the grey smart cover with the great coverbuddy? I want one but I don't know if I want clear or grey coverbuddy. My biggest fear is that the coverbuddy doesn't match the smart cover.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a red leather smart cover with a gray cover buddy, that setup looks awesome.

I also have a black leather smart cover that I use when the red one might get dirty....

If I am going on a long plane flight for work etc, I stick the IP in a Kensington case with a Bluetooth keyboard for better protection and faster typing.

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the clear cover buddy to go with my navy smart cover. I think it is a great combo.. I couldn't be more pleased.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Animalistic said:
Can you post pictures comparing the grey smart cover with the great coverbuddy? I want one but I don't know if I want clear or grey coverbuddy. My biggest fear is that the coverbuddy doesn't match the smart cover.
I can verify it matches, and the pictures on the SwitchEasy web site accurately show what it looks like. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

ipadlover29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thickness of balck cover buddy

Does anyone know how thick the black cover buddy case is or how much thickness it adds to the ipad 2? I recently purchased a stand for my ipad and want to know if the cover buddy will work with it. The stand can accomodate a case with a thickness of up to .47 inches or 1.2 cm. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Reaction score
Got the Belkin clear/smoked case here as well. Fits perfectly, nice & slim, and has a nice texture to it. It's perfect for going with the Smart Cover.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm digging my Speck Smartshield so much (clear version), that I got another (black). It's got great coverage, it well made, and has a cool magnet feature that keeps the Smart Cover from flopping around when folded back.

Order from Speck. Great customer service and there's a 20% off coupon code kicking around the www.

Most reactions

Latest posts