What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Buy Reservations

jizmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to BB to get my ipad2 on launch day. Was there 2 hours early and 9th in line.
All along they told everyone they had plenty of all flavors.
At 5:00 they started asking who wanted what. At 5:30 finally 1 "manager" came out w/a stack of papers indicating an ipad flavor on each paper.
Even tho there were 7 other BB employees there to help, this "manager" insisted in trying to sort all the papers for different flavors herself
Finally it was determined that they DID NOT in fact have all flavors, and a very lopsided inventory of the flavors they did have
I settled for a white 3G 64g At&t, I wanted black but was willing to settle.
Paid, got BB finance, and left somewhat pissed but happy I got ipad.
Got 8 miles down road and noticed that they had given me a Verizon 64 3G.
At that point i was only 2 miles from Apple store, decided to go there and try my luck.
Was still able to get a black 64G wifi, which is really what I wanted. Only got 3G at BB because of 18 month interest free financing.
Went back to BB and watched them look all over store for 1/2 an hour for my AT&T 3G. Finally they came and told me they didn't have it and it was my fault cuz I must have asked for a Verizon Ipad, AND even tho I have AT&T I could Still use the Verizon one.
I returned it.
F-CK BB.
This is way typical of them now a days.
Amazon is where I make most of my electronics purchases.

jizmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would NOT take BB's crappy reservation program, that was another thing ,they told me I could put down a $100 deposit for their next shipment that they had no clue as to when it would arrive.
When did this store unlearn customer service?
Their prices are not really competative, their only advantage is their offer of interest free financing as far as I can see.

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm simply amazed as to why people just don't order it directly from the source...Apple. Yeah, you might have to wait 3-5 weeks at this time, but all the gyrations people go through, standing in line, guessing about distribution, etc.

For me, I wanna go with Target or Walmart because of the 90 day return policy.

Most reactions

Latest posts