What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best beat maker/recorder for ipad?

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone know if there any good ones out there that are good to use for recording tracks and making music??

thx

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use all of these:
db8f457d.png

By far my favorite is GrooveMaker, and you can export them to royalty free MP3s. Try the free version. After that, Looptastic HD.

travroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
S

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nice. ill check all those out.

i have the beatmaker demo and electribe and patternmusic. id buy another korg app if they ever make more down the road.

studiotrack daw is also really good. it helps when i want to record on the spot and it lets you layer multiple tracks. thumbjam is solid too, not much for beats but it has a lot of instruments that you can use, make loops with and copy/paste.

Ive been wondering if it would be possible for ableton to create a stripped down version of the program for the ipad. i dont see it happening soon but i would buy that in a second if they ever made it and it was supposed to be good. im curious how much the pad can handle with a program like that. the most similar one now from what ive seen is probably the xenon app which is limited in some ways but has potential for good sounds

Last edited:
OP
S

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
another one to add to the list. Electrify-http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2010/04/25/electrify-ipad-groovebox/

its a bit expensive but it looks pretty cool

travroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is a little too small for serious music production, but I think it doubles as a pretty badass futuristic multitouch MIDI/Wifi controller. TouchOSC paired with Ableton Live has been the highlight of my ipading experience.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought GarageBand thinking it was gonna be better than what it is. I shouldve known at 4.99 it wasnt gonna be spectacular, but Apple sure hyped it that way. GarageBand doesn't have the Beat making capabilities a lot more other beat making apps have. It's very simple and I was kinda disappointed. The best feature in my opinion is the Sampler. It's pretty good. But the rest is too simple and smart and takes the real fun out of making music.

Sent from my incredible iPad 2

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want a good beat machine app, try BeatMaker or BeatMaker 2. There a little pricey for an app(14.99-19.99) but they have the best quality over any other beat app I've tried.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to mention "Music Studio"! The best there is for making your own music. Not just beats.

xINFINTELIGHTs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have the 64gb iPad 2 Verizon and I am buildinga portable studio around it to make songs with all my friends.

I am getting I rig mic
Studio track
Multi track
before the update to the new one so it's cheaper and I get a 12 track program that does more than 3 effects with a smart programming work around.

I already have GarageBand but it can't export tracks to other places on iPad with out syncing to comp first. :(

But I don't know what beat making program to get.

Here is my desire:

It has most samples and sample packs are coming out free or cheap.
It has a lot of instruments
It has a samplqe feature equal or greater to garage bands.
I'd LIKE it to support universal copy and paste or. AT LEAST be able to export files on to iPad with out computer sync.

Gonna buy everything today but look more into beat program.

Thanks for advice guys

xINFINTELIGHTs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh also I'm seeing the limitation on my piano skills. Is there any program where I can input the sheet ,usic and it simply plays for me?

Also voice changing and such is very important to me but voice live or whatever comes with the irig micas not an iPad app. Will that hurt me? Is there some other way to do this?

OHHHHHH! those are called MIDI FILES! What a great idea! superb invention 90s! :p

Also, I'm a kn3wb. I've just been doing so much research that I now know what I want.

Last edited:

carina1996

iPF Noob
Reaction score
music maker

Hello, i am willing to share something interesting and effective with all of you, i know a program that can record music and edit them. It's an all-inclusive method, allowing you to record music from grooveshark, pandora, last.fm etc. Besides, you can also edit them and make them for your mobile ringtones. Just trim and crop them.

Most reactions