What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best back protector to be used with the Apple Smart Cover? (IPAD 3)

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am using the Smart case now which is terrible; the corners keep popping out.
Am looking for a sleek/slim back protector that can be used with the Smart Cover (has a slot/opening for the magnetic-bar).

Ideas?

Sissy526

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking, too. I bought one that slips off just touching it and am looking for a really good one. Off to search the threads-->

RedRaider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rrtech.net
I have the Speck SmartShell (in pink) arriving tomorrow and I'll gladly post my thoughts up on it this weekend. This is for the white iPad 3 I bought my Mom last weekend for her birthday, since she wanted to roll the pink Apple Smart Cover and I wanted to make sure the rear of her new iPad is protected.

If I like this back cover, then I'm buying myself one in black, though if I do not like it I'm planning on trying out the Incipio Smart Feather Ultralight Back Shell.

I have used Speck cases for the last two generations of iTouch's my son has owned and been more than pleased with their products.

Last edited:

RedRaider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rrtech.net
Well the Speck SmartShell and Apple Smart Cover arrived and I must say I am not disappointed in the least. It fits snugly and does not interfere with the Smart Cover. The cover has a textured coating on it, which really helps in maintaing a grip on your iPad. The metal strip on the Smart Shell is sufficient to securely hold the Smart Cover in place while you are hand-holding your iPad. I have not "drop tested" the Smart Shell (nor do I care to), but I'm not to confident it will absorb impacts as well as a true "cover" (ie. OtterBox Defender or Seidio Active).

I am planning on ordering myself a Speck Smart Shell in black, along with the Red Apple Smart Cover, for use around the house or other relaxed environments.

I will be taking some detailed photos and will post them soon.

Last edited:
OP
K

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Devicewear Union is affordable and phenomenal. The Union for iPad 2 and iPad 3 (aka The New iPad) by Devicewear - Devicewear

I've had it on for months and not removed it once! I own about a dozen cases and this is the one I've stuck with!

Sent from my IPad (3rd Gen)

Well the Speck SmartShell and Apple Smart Cover arrived and I must say I am not disappointed in the least. It fits snugly and does not interfere with the Smart Cover. The cover has a textured coating on it, which really helps in maintaing a grip on your iPad. The metal strip on the Smart Shell is sufficient to securely hold the Smart Cover in place while you are hand-holding your iPad. I have not "drop tested" the Smart Shell (nor do I care to), but I'm not to confident it will absorb impacts as well as a true "cover" (ie. OtterBox Defender or Seidio Active).

I am planning on ordering myself a Speck Smart Shell in black, along with the Red Apple Smart Cover, for use around the house or other relaxed environments.

I will be taking some detailed photos and will post them soon.

Dont you guys want something that has magnets in it so that you can get some additional viewing angles?

I have not used this yet but after quite a bit of research, this appears to be the best reviewed: Amazon.com: Incase Magnetic Snap Case for New iPad 3 - Black Frost CL60137: MP3 Players & Accessories

bharanirox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best Is capdase...it's completely protective.try it out guys....capdase which covers front and back with a magnetic lock

OP
K

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best Is capdase...it's completely protective.try it out guys....capdase which covers front and back with a magnetic lock

They look nice but it doesnt appear to work with the Smart Cover.
I need a removable cover that I can quickly take off when using/attaching the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts