What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best automotive GPS app?

MEdwards

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Garmin GPS I use in my car is amazing. Not only does it contain maps of the whole USA complete with gazillions of streets and freeway interchanges, it also knows about every Subway, Holiday Inn Express and Shell gas station. It also shows me every golf course which I couldn't care less about.

It sure would be nice to have the same information displayed on the big screen of my new iPad. There seem to be several choices of apps to do this, but in my limited research none sound as good as my standalone Garmin GPS. So I'm wondering what GPS apps people are happy with.

For my use the app needs to have onboard maps and not require an internet connection to function in the car. TomTom and CoPilot are the two I've seen that seem close. They look like they have the maps, but perhaps not all the other data. What do other readers here think? Thanks.

OP
M

MEdwards

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm the OP. Navigon had terrible reviews, so I bought Copilot Live. Looks OK so far. It has more hotels, restaurants and things than I expected. Not as refined as the Garmin handheld, but in some respects easier to use. Some map glitches in my own local area, so no doubt elsewhere too. Map updates have to be easier than the Garmin, couldn't be worse. We'll try it on our next road trip and see. Thanks for the replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts