What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Issues

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a big fan of maps and using a GPS for driving. I have the Motion X GPS Drive app on my iPad and it was OK, but last summer I bit and bought the Navigon Central US app. While it had some nice features, I was left feeling that there should be more. Recently, Garmin took over Navigon and about three weeks ago, put out a major update. Now the maps are kept in the cloud and many of the old free features are gone, or require subscription. On a recent trip, the software kept locking up at every opportunity, and much of the information that should be there, is missing or not functioning. I have never seen an app turned into such junk, so quickly. The only thing that I can think of is that Garmin has sabatoged the software so that they can drop it and get rid of the competition. I used to be a fan of Garmin for my boat GPS and have a Garmin GPS for my car. Any further purchases will be TomTom from now.

I have gone back to my Motion X GPS drive. One thing that I can do on it, and not on Navigon any more, is to control my music without leaving the main screen. Does anyone know of an app or something where I can make the iPad a handsfree device for my cell phone when driving. I am hoping for something that will automatically mute/pause my music when a call comes in.

Most reactions