What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best app to transfer music etc. from iPad to a different iMac?

AUSSIEPAL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could a knowledgeable member suggest the best app to purchase for transferring my music from my iPad to a different iMac - I purchased a new iMac?
I see that some apps besides enabling control of music transfer also enable you to download YouTube videos to your iPad ... I've got a son who plays classical guitar and. loads performances on YouTube.

OP
A

AUSSIEPAL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment ... It's not transferring from one Mac to another but from the iPad to a different Mac. The OS only allows material purchased through iTunes to be transferred so a third party app needs to be purchased and, because there are a number of hem, I was seeking advice as to the best app to purchase.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment ... It's not transferring from one Mac to another but from the iPad to a different Mac. The OS only allows material purchased through iTunes to be transferred so a third party app needs to be purchased and, because there are a number of hem, I was seeking advice as to the best app to purchase.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Scifan..'s advice was given to allow you to transfer your music in iTunes from the old to the new iMac, then the iPad could be cabled to the new computer and iTunes used to sync your music.

There are a number of other solutions, so let me suggest a try at using iExplorer - this app resides on my MBPro and will allow transfer of different types of files from an iPad to a computer once the iDevice is plugged in via USB and iTunes used for music - check the link; below are two screen captures - my iPad is connected to the laptop and iExplorer is opened - the first one simply shows the options (arrow on Music); the second shows my playlists opened on the iPad w/ one selected - the lower arrow indicates a potential transfer of this music into my iTunes library (a folder is another option) - if you give this app a try, please let us know your results - this is an occasional request here - Dave
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 11.08.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 11.07.37 AM.png

Most reactions