What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

benefits of having the new ipad versus 2

MRCONYERS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the benefits of having the new ipad versus the ipad 2

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skull One said:
The screen.

If you need LTE, that is simply gravy.

Honestly, the screen seems the only really tangible upgrade. I played with my cousins iPad 3 last week and that was all that stood out. Didn't feel any faster or do anything else that blew me away. I'm good with the 2 for a while, me thinks.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly, the screen seems the only really tangible upgrade. I played with my cousins iPad 3 last week and that was all that stood out. Didn't feel any faster or do anything else that blew me away. I'm good with the 2 for a while, me thinks.

I inherited my wife's iPad 2 when I got her the iPad (3rd Gen). The only thing that bothers me is reading text. On her's it is crystal clear and on mine it simply isn't. But the real kicker is when you take iPhone apps on the iPad (3rd Gen) and 2X them. They look incredible compared to the iPad 2 doing the same thing. It is such a large difference my wife offered to buy me my own iPad (3rd Gen).

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus a lot better at hardcore gaming, and pictures look better along with everything else

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I inherited my wife's iPad 2 when I got her the iPad (3rd Gen). The only thing that bothers me is reading text. On her's it is crystal clear and on mine it simply isn't. But the real kicker is when you take iPhone apps on the iPad (3rd Gen) and 2X them. They look incredible compared to the iPad 2 doing the same thing. It is such a large difference my wife offered to buy me my own iPad (3rd Gen).

Did you let her?

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good thread I've been thinking about upgrading from my iPad 1 I always skip a model, really want to upgrade but really happy with the iPad I have, don't really need It for gaming use my new PS VITA so really struggling to find a excuse to buy one :-/.

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dav said:
Good thread I've been thinking about upgrading from my iPad 1 I always skip a model, really want to upgrade but really happy with the iPad I have, don't really need It for gaming use my new PS VITA so really struggling to find a excuse to buy one :-/.

If u use it read and stuff like that the picture would be more clearer hah maybe that's an excuse

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
s2mikey said:

What about the 4G?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
What about the 4G?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

That doesn't apply to me but I certainly understand that being a big plus for users of those services. ;)

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
I may if I can find a buyer for the iPad 2.

I'm thinking 2 owners should sell their devices quick before people start figuring out how great the 3rd gens are.

Good luck with yours!

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mdholm said:
I'm thinking 2 owners should sell their devices quick before people start figuring out how great the 3rd gens are.

Good luck with yours!

eBay is averaging $285 for my model. Not sure if it is worth selling at that price.

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mdholm said:

Good luck with yours!

Nah I'm good with my second gen

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remain surprised that ipad2 owners that bought iPad are not citing the camera upgrade as the most noticeable if not significant improvement to the device.

I do not discount the display or processor upgrades, all I mean is the improvement to the camera is the most noticeable, at least to me.

Most reactions