What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before you rush out and get a Xoom...

Shawn2774

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It specifically states in the article that Honeycomb is not vulnerable to these types of attacks.

mrphil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shawn2774 said:
It specifically states in the article that Honeycomb is not vulnerable to these types of attacks.

No it doesn't

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shawn2774 said:

No it doesn't

Yes, it does:

"The latest version of the Android operating system, known as Gingerbread, is not vulnerable to the exploits DroidDream uses."

There are also the exploits that someone used to get past the Apple controllers that aren't mentioned in the article, but really all they are saying is smart phones and tablets are computers, so people will write malware for them, so beware.

Android or iOS, people need to take a second to think about the free or paid apps they're about to install, like they would for any other method of downloading and installing software they might use.

Have fun,
Gleth

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sadly there are some jerks out there who find it funny to infect others. Thats why I appreciate Apple's walled garden.

Spent several hours last weekend cleansing my daughters pc, which McAfee assured me was fine. Complete waste of my time and energy.
In this day and age it shouldn't be necessary.

Freedom is just another word for anarchy......

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shawn2774 said:

No it doesn't

Yes, it does:

"The latest version of the Android operating system, known as Gingerbread, is not vulnerable to the exploits DroidDream uses."

That is not "specifically" mentioning honeycomb. While we can infer it, I wouldn't have worded it as specifically mentioning it. :)

Michael

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly there are some jerks out there who find it funny to infect others. Thats why I appreciate Apple's walled garden.

Spent several hours last weekend cleansing my daughters pc, which McAfee assured me was fine. Complete waste of my time and energy.
In this day and age it shouldn't be necessary.

Freedom is just another word for anarchy......
A Golden cage for a Golden Apple?:p

I'm all for it too btw.

Although some say that the opening for the virus has been taken care of... Others would say: If there was an opening there might be more...

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xoom display has issues

Check out a review in Macworld of the new Xoom. Nice tablet in many ways, but has display issues that must be rectified if it can live up to its hype. Kindle said ipad is highly reflective in daylight. The review said ipad is like paper compared to Xoom. Also colors are not accurate for photography. Could be software issues or rendering. FWIW

Xoom is still waiting for announced features that have yet to be delivered including Flash, SD card that works, 4G is not here yet ... potential but has introductory issues.

iPad2 is really ready for the competition. It is real and it works, HP, Blackberry are still vaporware.

The new thinness, lightweight are critical, it takes two hands to handle Xoom ... so says the review.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I use the Xoom every day at work, and the weight gets to you after awhile. When the iPad 2 comes out, I will be hopefully able to use that on the retail floor.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
I use the Xoom every day at work, and the weight gets to you after awhile. When the iPad 2 comes out, I will be hopefully able to use that on the retail floor.

So you did get it after all. How are you liking it?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
zorah said:
So you did get it after all. How are you liking it?

Meh. It sucks imo. Its nowhere near the quality it was advertised to be. The apps right now are garbage and all the work required to make it even a decent device is just not worth it imo.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's too bad. Guess it's perhaps just too early in the game, not enough apps ready for it yet, etc. Apple does make quality, that's for sure. Well, less than two days to go and you'll have your iPad 2, eh??

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
zorah said:
That's too bad. Guess it's perhaps just too early in the game, not enough apps ready for it yet, etc. Apple does make quality, that's for sure. Well, less than two days to go and you'll have your iPad 2, eh??

Indeed. In excited!

Most reactions

Latest posts