What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before I buy the camera connection kit

gsaps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone with the ipad camera connection kit tell me if you can use it to connect the iPhone to the ipad and view
what the iPhone camera is seeing as it takes the photograph?

Thanks

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that i know of, you can use the cck to get the photos stored on the iphone. You need to plug the adapter into your ipad and from the usb a standard apple data cable is plugged into your iphone. Any photos on the iphone will be available to browse, copy etc on your ipad.
As far as im aware you cannot use the iphone camera and the ipad as a web cam and viewer unless you use something like justin tvs app which allows you to create a tv channel using your iphone camera and watch that channel on any device.
Hope this helps

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can someone with the ipad camera connection kit tell me if you can use it to connect the iPhone to the ipad and view
what the iPhone camera is seeing as it takes the photograph?

Thanks

If all you want to do is use your iPhone as the camera and your iPad as the viewer look no further than the app 'Web of Cam'.
I have it installed on both my Samsung Galaxy S3 as the camera and my iPad 4 as the viewer. So yes it even works between formats, even on your PC if you wish.
Setting up on both devices is totally and I do mean totally a couple of button presses away.
Took me just over 10 seconds to set up both devices and see on my iPad what my S3 camera was showing.
Using the iPad as the viewer you can rotate the camera and take a shot.
All shots taken are saved to the iPad.

OP
G

gsaps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, does that app rely on a wifi system or is it with the camera connection kit attached? thanks

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, does that app rely on a wifi system or is it with the camera connection kit attached? thanks
it operates independent of the CCK.
In other words you do not require the Kit. All that is required are both devices, the App and a Wifi connection.
The App is available for iOS both free (Ad supported) and paid.

Most reactions

Latest posts