What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBC player refuses to play radio programmes!!

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For the last couple of days it will only play TV programmes, not radio ones.

I have tried all the usual remedies, closing the app, resetting the IPad, and even deleted it then reinstalled it and reset the IPad again, but no, it still refuses to play radio programmes.

This is really annoying, as I have been using it as my radio when in bed, and like to listen to my choice of drama and comedy programmes while dropping off to sleep, when I wake up in the night and in the morning while checking emails etc.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions of a solution?

OP
Elizellen

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It might be a problem they are working on. I just found this FAQ on an Iplayer help page
http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/radio_stream_16jan2014

image-2156520587.jpg

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading your problem I looked at my BBC player and it had a notice on it telling me they have moved radio to BBC radio player and down load the new app.

OP
Elizellen

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After reading your problem I looked at my BBC player and it had a notice on it telling me they have moved radio to BBC radio player and down load the new app.

I didn't think the new radio app allowed listening to "catchup" radio. I generally have Radio 4 and 4 extra progs in my Favourites.
When I read the bumpf about it I could only see listening to live radio or downloading podcasts was offered so I didn't bother with it
Most of what I listen to does not offer a podcast.

Sent from my early Christmas prezzie (Mini)

OP
Elizellen

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They seem to have sorted out whatever the problem was, as radio catchup is now working!!

Most reactions

Latest posts