What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battrey life of iPad 1

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest me a few tips to increase my battery backup except for making the screen less brighter ?

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airplane mode?

Don't have any other tip but if I know correctly, if your battery dies then you can get new iPad from Apple by paying $105. Came across this thing somewhere on the web.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fuzzychicken said:
Airplane mode?

Don't have any other tip but if I know correctly, if your battery dies then you can get new iPad from Apple by paying $105. Came across this thing somewhere on the web.

Does airplane mode help ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Black_Soul33 said:

If you don't need WiFi or cellular data, then, yes, it would save battery power to turn on airplane mode.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Black_Soul33 said:

Not sure about airplane mode but these are some tips I know of and use:

1) set auto lock to two minutes if possible, five at the highest.
2) turn Bluetooth off when not in use or always if you never use it.
3) kill apps that are suspended or not being used currently. Four finger swipe up to see what's running.
4) a hard reset once in a while isn't a bad idea.
5) turn off push notifications and any other settings where data is searched for and refreshed regularly.
6) turn off wifi when not in use

Hope that helps.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Not sure about airplane mode but these are some tips I know of and use:

1) set auto lock to two minutes if possible, five at the highest.
2) turn Bluetooth off when not in use or always if you never use it.
3) kill apps that are suspended or not being used currently. Four finger swipe up to see what's running.
4) a hard reset once in a while isn't a bad idea.
5) turn off push notifications and any other settings where data is searched for and refreshed regularly.
6) turn off wifi when not in use

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much

I'll try them

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your iPad has cellular you can also turn off the Location service in settings, if you're not using it. The GPS can cause quite a drain if it's being used in the background by some app you did not expect.

Less drastic, go through all the enable apps and turn off those you suspect may be using the GPS.

Hold in mind that if you use features like the location based reminders in the Reminders app, your GPS will be turning on fairly often to check where you are. For that reason I rarely set up those reminders, and never if it's going to be more than a few hours before I want the be reminded. The one time I set up a reminder several days ahead I noticed a big difference in my battery drain.

You can generally tell if the GPS is being used by the arrow head icon next to the battery indicator.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If your iPad has cellular you can also turn off the Location service in settings, if you're not using it. The GPS can cause quite a drain if it's being used in the background by some app you did not expect.

Less drastic, go through all the enable apps and turn off those you suspect may be using the GPS.

Hold in mind that if you use features like the location based reminders in the Reminders app, your GPS will be turning on fairly often to check where you are. For that reason I rarely set up those reminders, and never if it's going to be more than a few hours before I want the be reminded. The one time I set up a reminder several days ahead I noticed a big difference in my battery drain.

You can generally tell if the GPS is being used by the arrow head icon next to the battery indicator.

Okay

Thank you..

catyyog01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don not always keep your screen on when you it is not in use,and take off the battery when you will not use it for a long time.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
catyyog01 said:
Don not always keep your screen on when you it is not in use,and take off the battery when you will not use it for a long time.

How can you take out a battery from an iPad ????

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
catyyog01 said:

Black_Soul33 said:
How can you take out a battery from an iPad ????

You can't remove the battery of an iPad without proper tools and the disassembly of the iPad.

OP
Black_Soul33

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
You can't remove the battery of an iPad without proper tools and the disassembly of the iPad.

Okay...

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

Most reactions