What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Widget and Bluetooth

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably a silly question but on my IPad Air and Iphone 12 the battery widget works fine until I activate a Bluetooth device. Then it shows a small picture of them bpth but no percentage. Id this normal or am I missing something here? Definitely not a show stopper.
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably a silly question but on my IPad Air and Iphone 12 the battery widget works fine until I activate a Bluetooth device. Then it shows a small picture of them bpth but no percentage. Id this normal or am I missing something here? Definitely not a show stopper.
Thanks
Hello - since no pic is posted, not completely sure about your question(s), but let me offer several comments. First, I connected my AKG portable BT headphones to my iPad Pro - in the top pic, the 'headphone' symbol is shown, and next to it is the battery charge for the BT device which is full although a percent is not given; second, the 70% indicates the battery charge of my iPad w/ its symbol on the far right.

Take a look HERE where the 'status symbols' are listed - the second pic below provides an explanation for the same icons - hope this explains your inquiry? Dave :)

IMG_2709.PNG

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 5.03.10 PM.png

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - since no pic is posted, not completely sure about your question(s), but let me offer several comments. First, I connected my AKG portable BT headphones to my iPad Pro - in the top pic, the 'headphone' symbol is shown, and next to it is the battery charge for the BT device which is full although a percent is not given; second, the 70% indicates the battery charge of my iPad w/ its symbol on the far right.

Take a look HERE where the 'status symbols' are listed - the second pic below provides an explanation for the same icons - hope this explains your inquiry? Dave :)

View attachment 94411
View attachment 94412
The widget pics are attached. One is w/o the headphones and second is with but shows me nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_3349.PNG
    IMG_3349.PNG
    523.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3348.PNG
    IMG_3348.PNG
    523.6 KB · Views: 131

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The widget pics are attached. One is w/o the headphones and second is with but shows me nothing.
Hi again and sorry, you were interested in the battery widget on 'Today View' - before I continue, best to give us your current iPadOS, features do change. Looking at your battery widget (top pic), the earphone icon is present and its battery is about 2/3 charged (i.e. how much green is left in the circle) - note however I don't see the earphone icon/battery bar at the top right? The second pic shows two cropped screen captures from my iPad Pro iPadOS 14.7.1) w/ and w/o a portable BT speaker attached - as in your pic, my battery widget shows the speaker w/ both green circles complete indicating 100% charges on both my iPad and speaker; also note the BT symbol is present in the right upper corner of my iPad.

Basically, your battery widget w/ a paired BT device is behaving correctly - but not sure why the headphone symbol is not showing up near your battery at the top right? I assume the headphones are working? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.15.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.23.51 AM.png

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both deviced are at the latest IOS level. To be honest I did not realize that there was a circle denoting the charge level. The contrast is so poor I could not see it. Thanks for the explanation. Too bad one cannot shoose the color of the charge level.
Headphones are Beats and they work great!
Thank you!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both deviced are at the latest IOS level. To be honest I did not realize that there was a circle denoting the charge level. The contrast is so poor I could not see it. Thanks for the explanation. Too bad one cannot shoose the color of the charge level.
Headphones are Beats and they work great!
Thank you!
No problem - as to not seeing the 'green circle' well, you can try changing the brightness of the screen display, change the wallpaper (which will affect the background color, depending in part on whether you're using 'reduce transparency' in Accessibility), and/or try shifting the mode, i.e. dark vs. light in Display & Brightness). Not sure any of these suggestions will help but easy to do. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You also have the option of adding one of the larger battery widgets. Both the medium and large widgets display the numeric percentage at all times.

As far as colors, Apple's widget does not have any options.

There are other apps, some that specialize in battery monitoring and others that are just general widget creation/management apps. You could explore their widgets and see if one suits you better. I've played with Widgetsmith in the past, which is ok. Their battery widget doesn't show percentages though.

I'm not familiar enough with any of the other apps to be making recommendations.

Turns out I'm not much of a widget person, or there just aren't many widgets I care about. The calendar widget is the only one I use consistently . iPadOS 15 public beta is starting to win me over. I've made a few specialized home screens centered around widgets, but nice as they look, I seldom use those home screens.

OP
R

rwsinky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. My wife can see the "Circles" just fine. My eyesight is poor and there is not enough contrast for me to see those indicators. This is not a problem as I seldom have a battery issue as I charge my phone & IPad routinely. I am not a widget person either.
Thanks again.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you want a good battery widget you could try ‘Cloud Battery’ which I find gives me all the info I need on all my Bluetooth connected devices, and is very easy to see.
IMG_0138.jpg

Also use it on my iPhone and my Apple Watch S6

Most reactions