What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery under ios 6.0.2

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish my 4s got the same battery life as my mini but I do use my phone a lot more to be fair.

Attachments

• image-2243963097.jpg
    image-2243963097.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 236

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheX said:
I wish my 4s got the same battery life as my mini but I do use my phone a lot more to be fair.

According to your screenshot, you should get about 18 hours on a charge, based on 4 1/2 hours use with 75% battery life left. Does your iPad mini get even more battery life?

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to your screenshot, you should get about 18 hours on a charge, based on 4 1/2 hours use with 75% battery life left. Does your iPad mini get even more battery life?

I think that screenshot is his mini, not his 4s. :)

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mini is about 3 wks old. I'm not happy with the battery. My old iPad was much better...I question the charger that came with it too...looks like the phone charger, and its very slow. Any one else?

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My mini is about 3 wks old. I'm not happy with the battery. My old iPad was much better...I question the charger that came with it too...looks like the phone charger, and its very slow. Any one else?

It's a 5W charger and should be sufficient. However, I frequently use the 10W charger because it is much faster. As for the battery, mine is much longer, or at least as long as the iPad 2 I had, but noticeably longer than the iPad 3 I have now.

What settings are you using for your brightness? If you have it up very high it will drain your battery very quickly. I keep mine at around 35-40%. I rarely use it outside, so I don't need or want a super bright screen.

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a 5W charger and should be sufficient. However, I frequently use the 10W charger because it is much faster. As for the battery, mine is much longer, or at least as long as the iPad 2 I had, but noticeably longer than the iPad 3 I have now.

What settings are you using for your brightness? If you have it up very high it will drain your battery very quickly. I keep mine at around 35-40%. I rarely use it outside, so I don't need or want a super bright screen.

Is it safe to use the large charger from my old iPad on my mini? Why would apple supply the smaller ? I did just turn it off totally for the first time ( duh, iknow) this morning . It seems to be holding the charge better. Need to remember to come here often. I always leave happier!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it safe to use the large charger from my old iPad on my mini? Why would apple supply the smaller ? I did just turn it off totally for the first time ( duh, iknow) this morning . It seems to be holding the charge better. Need to remember to come here often. I always leave happier!

I don't know why apple didn't include the large one, probably to increase profits.....but my mini seems to not have any problems charging on the larger apple charger that came with my iPad 3, and it charges much faster since the battery in the mini is much smaller than the one in the iPad 3 and 4. And apple seems to have designed the mini to draw more than 1 amp of current. They can control the max drain of the device from the charger.

They also recommend to let your device run down completely once a month and the recharge fully to keep the charging meter calibrated.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I don't know why apple didn't include the large one, probably to increase profits.....but my mini seems to no have any problems charging on the larger apple charger that came with my iPad 3, and it charges much faster since the battery in the mini is much smaller than the one in the iPad 3 and 4. And apple seems to have designed the mini to draw more than 1 amp of current. They can control the max drain of the device from the charger.

I've always used my iPad 3 charger to charge my iPad mini. My mini charger still has the plastic wrapper on it.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I think that screenshot is his mini, not his 4s. :)

Sorry about the confusion. The screen shot is indeed from my mini and not the 4s.

Most reactions