What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery problem with ipad2?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Three things: 1) These batteries periodically need to be fully drained and charged for whatever reasons (battery memory effect? calibration?), 2) Heat is an enemy to electronics, including the battery. Batteries spending long periods of time on charge are dealing with heat buildup - I would not recommend fully draining and charging on a regular basis for this reason, 3) Another enemy to batteries is leaving them uncharged for long periods of time.

All good points. Ive been pretty happy with my battery performance on my iPad 2. I will stick with the once a month drain and charge and otherwise just charge it when it gets to like 30% or so. Seems to be working good for us. Obviously, its hard to say long-term what this all means. Guess we'll find out in a few years. :)

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with the battery life on my iPad 2 even more so since upgrading to ios5. I watch a lot of tv on mine and it lasts a good 2 to 3 days

Fxgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All good points. Ive been pretty happy with my battery performance on my iPad 2. I will stick with the once a month drain and charge and otherwise just charge it when it gets to like 30% or so. Seems to be working good for us. Obviously, its hard to say long-term what this all means. Guess we'll find out in a few years. :)
May I check w u usually u charge your ipdad when it is 30% and then full charge to 100% ?thks

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
May I check w u usually u charge your ipdad when it is 30% and then full charge to 100% ?thks

Yes - when it gets to around 30%, give or take a few %, I charge it. We always charge it to 100% before using it again. Dont forget every 4-6 weeks that you should take the battery down to like 5% and then fully charge it. Its good for it and will keep the meter reading correctly.

orress39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
none of the observation is fruitful/useful for implementation
an appropriate procedure ifor adherence may be sent published
r.srinivasan

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts