What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery not charging well

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 7th gen, which is about 8 months old. seems to discharge what I think is fairly rapidly while I am using it and also have it plugged in to charge while in use,
It also seems to re-charge fairly slowly overnight.
I would guess I use it 3-4 hours per day, half on videos and half simply reading books.
Any thoughts?

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
>> half on videos and half simply reading books.

Probably just that. Books with pictures/ photos seem to take a lot of processing power as do, to a lesser extent, plain epubs; so videos will do the same most likely.

Something to try is to leave it fully, or near fully, charged one night and the see what it has dropped to in the morning. While old my iPad battery drops like a stone because of one particular app for newspapers (- PressReader.) after a couple of hours use it can drop from full to 30%. I did my test above and found that in the morning it was still on 100%. So the battery would seem to be ok.

OP
W

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The books I read are simply library books, no pictures at all. And, I rarely view photos.
The videos I can certainly understand.
I will try your suggestion.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With books (epubs, pdfs, etc) I think that it is things like the scaling, possible font substitution and repagination that takes power.

OP
W

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Makes sense. I hadn't thought of it that way, and I do read a lot. Thanks.

OP
W

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do keep it kind of bright. Guess I'll have to change that.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Something you may like to try is an app called Lirum (lite). Use split screen and you can see such things as where wifi, ram and cpu are used, as in screenshot below.
ED74D2E4-78BA-4B1F-B21B-10915547030A.jpeg

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stupid question but you do check Bluetooth is off ?

Most reactions

Latest posts