What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery life

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just recently went from an iPad 2 to a 3 and noticed a big difference in battery life (iPad 3 being much shorter). Is this due to the new display?

Thank

Greygoose

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greygoose_ipad said:
I just recently went from an iPad 2 to a 3 and noticed a big difference in battery life (iPad 3 being much shorter). Is this due to the new display?

Thank

Greygoose

Likely. What are your brightness settings? 4G is a killer too.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get 8-9 hours life on my new iPad, same as my iPad 2 and iPad 1. Check your settings, location services, screen brightness and prepare for shorter battery life with any of them if you are streaming video vs reading a book, checking your email, or surfing.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
All depends on use. I went from an iPad 1 (w/3G) to the iPad 3 (Wifi only) and am seeing roughly the same battery life. As above, check your settings. The other thing I noticed on my iPad 1 was if I turned off the cell radio (3G) while on wifi, I got better battery life as it didnt have to maintain connection.

It really comes down to use.

OP
G

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got 3 email accounts and fetch new data is set to push.

Have location services set to off.

Auto brightness is set to on.

notifications are set to manual.

Am I missing anything?

This iPad is wi if only

Greygoose

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Turn off the Push for the mail accounts. It is checking all 3 accounts at whatever interval is set up. if you manually get your mail, it wont be connecting out on its own.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. I was thinking about posting on how remarkable I think my battery life is on my 3 compared to my 1. Both are 64GB 3-4G/WiFi.
Using the 3 about the same as I did my 1 and I am amazed at the battery life. I can go 3 days on a charge.
I guess my 1 is losing battery capacity and this old feeble brain doesn't quite remember back to when it was new. But the 3 is giving me great life.
I keep the backlight down most of the time (thank you Lights Dimmer tweak) but I stream Sirius and Pandora quite a bit, which I rarely did on my 1.
I also have not had the "heat" issue. One thing I do not do is play a lot of resource intensive games, but I never have.
I think I like my 3 more than I iked my 1 and that is tough because I LOVED my 1.

Most reactions