What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Life

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll add it to the list of "this forum is weird" and move on. :D

Hope the full discharge helps. I'm not sure if your 3G is on or not without a SIM card. Seems like it should be shut off without that component.

bummpr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Edit: No...still seems to work so I'm going to turn Ping OFF.

No more posts from you so I assume it worked?

It "appears" like it has helped a bit...without empirical data, you have to rely on my gut-feel impressions but I feel like I can operate longer and the battery drains slower than what I was experiencing before turning PING off.

I just wish I knew what I might be impacting by adjusting this setting. If anyone has a clue, it would be nice to know.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put in a sim and then turned off mobile data, now on the status bar it no longer says "no sim" which gives me a piece of mind!

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have fantastic battery life on my iPad and I never shut it down and its always connected to wi-fi.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel like my battery isn't as good as my iPad 1 either. My iPad 2 actually died with a full day of use. This never happened with my iPad 1. There is also a setting in "Mail" that you can change in the Advanced Settings. Set fetch to manual. I believe this helped a lot, but it's still not as good as my original.

The iPad 2 battery life is supposed be better than the iPad 1. I don't know. If you battery was really down 25% in one hour, you have a problem regardless of if your screen was on.

luckyleo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iceman72 said:
I work 11 hour days. I take my ipad 2 to work fully charged. While at work I surf the web, watch maybe 1 movie and play lots of games. I can get through the entire day and even have a lil bit left maybe 20% when I get home. I only put it on the charger once a night before bed time. I love the battery life.

What kind of job do you have? Any openings?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel like my battery isn't as good as my iPad 1 either. My iPad 2 actually died with a full day of use. This never happened with my iPad 1. There is also a setting in "Mail" that you can change in the Advanced Settings. Set fetch to manual. I believe this helped a lot, but it's still not as good as my original.

The iPad 2 battery life is supposed be better than the iPad 1. I don't know. If you battery was really down 25% in one hour, you have a problem regardless of if your screen was on.

I was experiencing battery life issue with my iPad 2 as well but since I change the brightness to it's lowest part, I'm able to surf on it using wifi for almost 2 hours and only lost 10% battery life. I was doing this with my iPad 1 and so I don't think is the iPad 2 issue. It may just be your brightness settings.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brightness is at 50%, as was my iPad 1.

I wonder if the fact that its been very sunny has anything to do with it? The iPad has that light sensor and the brightness adjusts.. If it's bright outside, where I've been using it quite a bit, would that mean that the battery would drain quicker?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't forget you can turn that auto-brightness off under Brightness and Wallpaper.

Setting mail fetching to manual is also a good idea. After disabling many of those kinds of things my iPad held its charge overnight without shutting down.

elusiveaura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my Ipad2 as well. My first gen ipad never did this. I will have it fully charged. 100%. Go to bed, wake up the next morning and its down to 93%-94%. No apps running, smart cover on so screen goes to sleep right when I close it, ping is off. When I did this on my first gen ipad, it would be maybe 98% the next morning. Mine is defnitely dying faster than it should with no use. Im not doing anything different from my other ipad and I have let mine die completely over 10 times and recharged completely. I am running latest OS

iceman72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
luckyleo said:
What kind of job do you have? Any openings?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Lol can't say where but I sell beds. Very long boring days. Honestly I would not recommend it to anyone.

aww...I chuckled. That was funny! Sorry you are not happy, though!

It's not too bad. I guess it's like any other hard core commission job. Plus it beats nothing in today's times. So I deal with it. Just wouldn't push it on anyone else. Lol. But hey at least I have fun playing with my new toy when no ones shopping. Lol.

Most reactions