What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery health

Thorstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where can I discover the battery health of my Ipad mini? Coconut won’t help as I do not have access to a Mac.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unlike iOS 13 for the iPhone, iPadOS 13 does not have a Battery Health section in Settings. There are a few apps that claim to monitor your iPad for battery health, but I don’t use them, and can not testify to their accuracy. I suspect most, if not all, or placebos.

Which I suppose is just a long way of saying, I don’t know.

OP
T

Thorstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unlike iOS 13 for the iPhone, iPadOS 13 does not have a Battery Health section in Settings. There are a few apps that claim to monitor your iPad for battery health, but I don’t use them, and can not testify to their accuracy. I suspect most, if not all, or placebos.

Which I suppose is just a long way of saying, I don’t know.
Thank you for your reply. Can you hazard a guess as to why Apple does not provide us with the battery information for Ipads in IPadOS13?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Can you hazard a guess as to why Apple does not provide us with the battery information for Ipads in IPadOS13?

Hi Thorstar - your question has been answered, i.e. at present, Apple does not permit 'battery app' developers to assess two important factors impacting an iPad's battery health (current mAh capacity vs. manufactured capacity and cycle count) - guessing why Apple has this policy (in contrast to the iPhone's iOS) is still only a guess; also remember that this forum has no relationship to Apple, and thus no insight into their 'thinking'.

Currently there are a number of ways to check an iPad's battery health - you mentioned 'Coconut Battery' for macOS which I use; also, use iMazing which has both a mac & Windows app (do you have a PC?) - if so, checkout this DISCUSSION.

Finally, you have not told us the age or model of your Mini, and whether you are having potential battery issues - if you cannot check the battery yourself and are close to an Apple store, then a free diagnostics can be done; online Apple support can help also - more info HERE. Good luck - Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I suspect that iPadOS will eventually get the feature as well. There were several past issues (mostly with public perception) that probably motivated Apple to prioritize it for the iPhone; but I have no idea what was different enough about the iPad to delay it there.

OP
T

Thorstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Thorstar - your question has been answered, i.e. at present, Apple does not permit 'battery app' developers to assess two important factors impacting an iPad's battery health (current mAh capacity vs. manufactured capacity and cycle count) - guessing why Apple has this policy (in contrast to the iPhone's iOS) is still only a guess; also remember that this forum has no relationship to Apple, and thus no insight into their 'thinking'. Imazing provided instantly the information needed. Thank you.

Currently there are a number of ways to check an iPad's battery health - you mentioned 'Coconut Battery' for macOS which I use; also, use iMazing which has both a mac & Windows app (do you have a PC?) - if so, checkout this DISCUSSION.

Finally, you have not told us the age or model of your Mini, and whether you are having potential battery issues - if you cannot check the battery yourself and are close to an Apple store, then a free diagnostics can be done; online Apple support can help also - more info HERE. Good luck - Dave

OP
T

Thorstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect that iPadOS will eventually get the feature as well. There were several past issues (mostly with public perception) that probably motivated Apple to prioritize it for the iPhone; but I have no idea what was different enough about the iPad to delay it there.
Tank you.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi again Thorstar - you replied to my post by leaving a quote to what I had said, but you left no response - was there 'something' that you wanted to add or further questions? Dave :)

OP
T

Thorstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[/
Hi again Thorstar - you replied to my post by leaving a quote to what I had said, but you left no response - was there 'something' that you wanted to add or further questions? Dave :)
Hi Dave - IMazing provided instantly the information on the status of my Ipad Mini (4) health. Thank you for your help. I realize now that my answer to your helpful reply landed by mistake in the middle of your post. Sorry.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Thanks Thorstar - your comments were buried in a quote, so I extracted your response quoted below - GREAT! so iMazing gave you the information (assume you have a PC?) - thanks for responding. Dave :)

Hi Dave - IMazing provided instantly the information on the status of my Ipad Mini (4) health. Thank you for your help. I realize now that my answer to your helpful reply landed by mistake in the middle of your post. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts