What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery drops from 10% to 0%

Captainconehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Title says it all.

This only starting happening tonight. Was watching a film, the 10% warning popped up and then boom, my iPad just turned itself off and the 10% meter in the top right hand corner dropped straight to 0%.

When i tried to turn it back on I got the message that says connect it to a charger.

When I started charging my iPad it turned itself back on and showed 10% straight away and started to charge itself back up fine.

I let it go to 15% and then let it go back down and then same thing-as soon as it hit the 10% warning it went straight to 0% and turned itself off.

That 10% can be quite vital and considering the money I spent I feel like I'm owed a full battery. I have the latest update and have never had any problems at all with my iPad and have used it everyday for over 5 months now.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple advises that you let your iPad completely discharge at least once a month and let it charge back up to 100%. This really has nothing to do with the battery itself since this new generation of batteries do not have a "memory" like the old NiCd batteries, but it re-calibrates the battery level indicator.

OP
C

Captainconehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the main worry is that the Ipad won't let me drain the battery. When it gets to 10% it then jumps straight to 0%. *The ipad and the battery marker has seemingly lost the ability to function at 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2, and 1%. It also used to give a 5% left warning sign and that doesn't happen now either?

I have fully charged it back up to 100% but if it turns itself off again at 10% then there is something fundamentally wrong with the battery i fear.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
the main worry is that the Ipad won't let me drain the battery. When it gets to 10% it then jumps straight to 0%. *The ipad and the battery marker has seemingly lost the ability to function at 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2, and 1%. It also used to give a 5% left warning sign and that doesn't happen now either?

I have fully charged it back up to 100% but if it turns itself off again at 10% then there is something fundamentally wrong with the battery i fear.
If what C4 says is true (and I have no reason not to believe him - thanks C4 for the info - I didn't know that), then perhaps your metering system is out of cal and your battery is actually at 0% rather than 10%. However, I have no idea how to resolve your question outside of contacting Apple and either ask for assistance or a new iPad.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts