What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery draining

Kidbd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i am having a new problem with my battery draining without using it. Did not have this issue until the past 2 weeks. Battery goes from 100% to 50% in a couple hours, without using it. I have disabled all the extra functions that have been suggested, but, its still doing it. Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Kidbd- welcome to the forum! :)

Just a suggestion for starters - Apple suggests letting the battery run down completely about once a month (this presumably 'resets' the battery's capacity monitoring) - information HERE (along w/ other suggestions) - recharge fully and then test again - good luck!

OP
K

Kidbd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, giradman. I'm attempting to drain the battery, but, won't the problem keep happening? I figured I should probably just
Buy a new battery.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, giradman. I'm attempting to drain the battery, but, won't the problem keep happening? I figured I should probably just
Buy a new battery.

Well, report back after giving my suggestion a try - re-calibrating the battery monitoring may be the issue? Not sure; however, the iPad battery is not a 'user replaceable' option so could be an expense for you - let us know your results after the attempt recommended - good luck! :)

Lizotr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i am having a new problem with my battery draining without using it. Did not have this issue until the past 2 weeks. Battery goes from 100% to 50% in a couple hours, without using it. I have disabled all the extra functions that have been suggested, but, its still doing it. Thanks

I went to the Apple store Friday after experiencing the same issue with my ipad2. They said the battery was fine but there may have been something corrupt on it. So they I believe restored it to the factory setting condition and now after putting my apps and personal settings back on its fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts