What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery Degrading ?

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought the IPad 2 earlier this year I used to to have it on for maybe 5 or 6 hours with little battery consumption, now it doesn't last too long maybe 3 or 4 hours and it would be halfway having it full charged, I close the apps and lower brightness and turn off multitasking, and anything that I could think off to save battery to no avail, I do have apps in the app store that needs upgrading maybe that's the culprit but not sure.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tuggajb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
acostapimps said:
When I bought the IPad 2 earlier this year I used to to have it on for maybe 5 or 6 hours with little battery consumption, now it doesn't last too long maybe 3 or 4 hours and it would be halfway having it full charged, I close the apps and lower brightness and turn off multitasking, and anything that I could think off to save battery to no avail, I do have apps in the app store that needs upgrading maybe that's the culprit but not sure.

Have you drained your battery down to almost dead then recharge?

OP
A

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tuggajb said:
Have you drained your battery down to almost dead then recharge?

Yes I tried that before, well the screen shut off when the battery was dead and recharge but not fully recharged.

OP
A

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know that if you have too many apps on your ipad would it affect the battery consumption in some way because when I bought the ipad 2 in March of last year 2012 it would last at least half of the whole day, now it only last for maybe 5 or 6 hours at best. I already turn off stuff I mentioned at the start of this thread.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Too many apps will have no effect on battery life.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
acostapimps said:
Does anybody know that if you have too many apps on your ipad would it affect the battery consumption in some way because when I bought the ipad 2 in March of last year 2012 it would last at least half of the whole day, now it only last for maybe 5 or 6 hours at best. I already turn off stuff I mentioned at the start of this thread.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

All I can tell you is that my iPad 2 is over 12 months old with constant use. I get a full 10 hours from a full charge with brightness at 50%. I have never charged it until I get the low battery warning and have drained the battery completely about every other month. Sounds are all muted also. Hope this helps. ;)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Too many apps will have no effect on battery life.

They say that but I don't see how? Doesn't some power have to be applied to keeping apps suspended, especially a whole bunch of them?

Jes Wundrin'. :)

Most reactions