What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 battery life

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. That explains it!

Search for a good app to watch UK TV goes on. At least the BBC iPlayer is great and the ITV version too (but not live)
Shame sky not putting theirs out there yet...
S

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
E

eddkahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stephen19 said:
Thank you. That explains it!

Search for a good app to watch UK TV goes on. At least the BBC iPlayer is great and the ITV version too (but not live)
Shame sky not putting theirs out there yet...
S

To watch UK TV I go on iPad.tvcatchup.com get a free account and you can watch free view for free and it's in real time (well pseudo real time :p)
Also you can watch the sky sports channels with the sky player!

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed that my iPad 2 is eating significantly more battery than my original iPad. I'm not playing games and my brightness is in the middle. I unplugged it yesterday evening, and by 6pm today it was at 7%. I use it a lot, but really, I couldn't have used it more than 6-7 hours (if that) at that point because I didn't touch it until 1pm today. I remember on my iPad 1 I would be shocked at little of the battery was used. Now, I am shocked at how much is used. Hm. I just turned off Ping, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Stephen19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eddkahn said:
To watch UK TV I go on iPad.tvcatchup.com get a free account and you can watch free view for free and it's in real time (well pseudo real time :p)
Also you can watch the sky sports channels with the sky player!

Thanks and yes, thats the ITV app I referred to. Its good.
But what is the ipad app skyplayer you mention? I have on pc and its great for all sky tv shows inc sports but its not available on ipad - is it?
Pray tell.
S

Supafongboon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering, does having games like my city or tap reef or trade nation or mini chef eat your battery life?? It's technically not being played but it's running in the background telling me what's coming up. Anyone know??

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got out of class 20 minutes ago. Since then, it has dropped 6%. I've just been sitting at the reply screen on the iPF app. That's one percentage point every 3.5 to 4 minutes. Would anyone be kind enough to do a test and browse the forums to see how fast theirs goes down in a similar period of time?

Last edited:
Reaction score
kevbo said:
I got out of class 20 minutes ago. Since then, it has dropped 6%. I've just been sitting at the reply screen on the iPF app. That's one percentage point every 3.5 to 4 minutes. Would anyone be kind enough to do a test and browse the forums to see how fast theirs goes down in a similar period of time?

Your iPad certainly is draining battery at a fast pace. What is the brightness level? And do you have any audio app, such as iPod running in the background?

For comparison:
iPad 2 connected to 3G and wifi and Bluetooth on, with brightness set at 50%, moved from 65% to 62% in 20 min.
iPad 1 connected via wifi, 3G and Bluetooth shut off, with brightness set to 50%, moved from 91% to 88% in 20min.

During that time I have mostly been using the iPF app, too.

Last edited:

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont even have my 3G turned on and it drops 1% about every 2-3 mins.

I will do some more tests tonight. I have to say I am dissapointed in the speed its dropping. It seems worse since the update, but as I have only had it since Friday its difficult to tell.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brightness is at 50%, no music, Bluetooth off, and my iPad is wifi only. It was just sitting at the reply screen for the full 20 minutes. I'm running 4.3

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix is only available in the US AppStore, if you live anywhere else, netflix will not show up.
That is not true. We have it in Canada. All my family uses it.
Yes there is only one copy for the Ipod but that doesn't matter. The video should still be the same.

I have yet to try it on my Ipad though. But it is installed.

Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
That is not true. We have it in Canada. All my family uses it.
Yes there is only one copy for the Ipod but that doesn't matter. The video should still be the same.

I have yet to try it on my Ipad though. But it is installed.

Interesting. Perhaps I should rephrase it to only available in Northern America.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. My kids love Netfix. They watch all the old shows like the Adams Family.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have just performed at test at home and here are my findings.

To keep consistent with another poster I turned my 3G on and whilst browsing the forum using iPF for 20 minutes my level went from 72% to 69% so it seems that my iPad seems better with the 3G turned on even though it's not actually being used...... Bizarre!!!!!

It's now 3 minutes on and my level has just this second changed :)

Last edited:

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I honestly dont know how my batt life is but i will say good. Mainly thats because ive been downloading huge apps, playing very demanding games, and on Facebook chat (its constantly updating). So i havent given mine a break. With all that its still lasting long.

Most reactions

Latest posts